Health and Wellness
Strive to Be Healthy in Mind, Body and Spirit
Moreno Valley College believes in serving our students beyond the classroom. That’s why we try to help address all dimensions of wellness, including physical, intellectual, emotional, social, spiritual, environmental, occupational and financial. We offer on-campus health care, access to food and clothing, mental health counseling, interactive workshops, referrals to local services, and more.
From looking after a cough to immunizations to counseling, Student Health and Psychological Services provides compassionate, confidential treatment, education and support from qualified healthcare professionals. Most services are free or available at a reduced cost.
For Immediate Help
Health Services is not able to respond to medical emergencies. If you or someone else is in need of immediate medical assistance or crisis support, contact:
- For emergencies, call 911.
- For crisis support, call (951) 686-HELP (4357).
Your MVC Healthcare
Learn About Wellness
You are not alone. From access to mental health counseling to a host of local and regional resources, you have a network of people who care, value and want to help you. Plus, you have access to free workshops covering stress management, relationships, communication, and academic success, as well as peer-led and evidenced-based support groups tailored to your needs and lifestyle.
Reasons to Seek Support
If you are thinking of harming yourself, talk to someone immediately. Resources include the National Suicide Prevention Hotline (1-800-273-TALK), Lifeline and Crisis Chat (1-800-273-TALK (8255)) or text a counselor (text HOME to 741741 for free, 24/7 crisis counseling).
We all struggle sometimes. Don’t let stress get the best of you. Learn coping strategies, get a friendly ear, and receive education, referral and direct assistance from trained professionals.
Handling an addiction can be difficult, but you don’t have to do it alone. Student Health & Psychological services can guide you to tools and resources to ensure your personal success.
We're here to support you. If you're a victim of domestic violence, rape, or assault, trained professionals, as well as a Title IX officer, are ready and willing to help.
Taking Care of Your Basic Needs
Food. Shelter. Clothing. College students sometimes suffer to meet these basic survival needs. Students shouldn’t have to choose between eating and learning, attending school or having a roof over their head, or struggle to find the clothing right for a job interview.
Finding Common Ground
The Common Ground initiative urges our campus community to examine and actively work to dismantle beliefs and structures that foster environments of racism, prejudice and inequity. The Common Ground Center provides resources, safe spaces and support to individuals in need – because you belong at MVC.
We strive to make your life easier. Find these resources and benefits across campus.
- No-cost menstrual products are available across campus. Find dispensers in the following building restroom locations:
- Women's Restrooms: Library Building, Third Floor; Science & Technology Building, First Floor; Humanities, First Floor; Lion's Den; Administration Annex; Multipurpose Building; Student Activities; Early Childhood Education Center; Dental Education Complex Building B.
- Men's Restrooms: Humanities, First Floor; Multipurpose Building.
- ADA Restrooms: Parkside Complex 5 and 19.
- Non-Gendered/Unisex Restrooms: Welcome Center; Student Academic Services, First Floor; Parkside Complex 5 and 19.
- A private lactation room is available for nursing persons in the Welcome Center.