Your West Coast American Education Awaits
International Student Enrollment
International students provide new ideas, perspectives, diversity, culture, passion and voices to our campus. With many diverse accredited academic and artistic programs available, it’s easy to see why Moreno Valley College has become home to students countries all over the world looking for an affordable, safe and accessible educational option.
Application and Enrollment Information
- High school diploma or equivalent OR over the age of 18 (minors may be considered for special admission)
- Proof of English language proficiency*
- International students apply normally using MVC's online application. The application will ask citizenship, Visa, immigration status and prior learning questions. Please answer these questions accurately as they will connect you to support resources and systems. We welcome students of any immigration status, though tuition exemptions and financial aid may not be available in some circumstances.
- You will also be asked to pay a $100 nonrefundable application fee with 72 hours of applying within MyPortal or by check made payable to Riverside Community College District.
- Be sure to have all the documents and information you need, including proof of completing equivalent education requirements. You must send copies of your passport, complete the Proof of Funding form, provide Proof of English language proficiency, High school diploma with certified English translation (if you are under 18), and optional college transcript with certified English translation.
- Once you complete your application, the RCC Center for International Students & Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org) will contact you to help process F-1 student admissions. Your home college will still be Moreno Valley College and you can continue to receive your support services at our campus locations.
- International students are subject to nonresident tuition fees which are applied per unit. For tuition waivers, you will want to refer to Nonresident Student information.
- International and nonresident students must maintain eligibility to continue to enroll. Please work with the Center for International Students & Programs on a regular basis.
Students applying to MVC after taking classes at another American College or University must submit their official transcripts. If you took classes outside of the United States, you will be required to submit those official transcripts (in English) evaluated by one of the following organizations:
- International Education Research Foundation, IERF
- American Educational Research Corporation, AERC
- World Education Services, WES
Hard copies must be sent to:
Center for International Students & Programs
Technology B, Room 203
Riverside City College
4800 Magnolia Ave.
Riverside, CA 92506, USA
F-1 Application Requirements: If the applicant is already in the US, submit a copy of F-1 student visa and all prior I-20 forms. If the applicant is under the age of 18 years, submit Permission to Permission to Treat Minor Form.
F-2 Application Requirements: F-2 students can study part-time. Applicants must follow the steps to submit a college application but instead of proof of funding, they must submit a letter from the current F-1 visa holder’s DSO verifying that the F-1 holder is in status.
Concurrent Enrollment Options: International students at other colleges/universities in the US can enroll at RCC concurrently. These students are not required to submit proof of funding or English language proficiency. Instead, they must submit a permission letter from a DSO at their current college/university allowing concurrent part-time enrollment. These students must also submit I-20, visa, I-94 and passport copies.
How to Apply
The Center for International Students & Programs processes F-1 student admissions for Moreno Valley College, Norco College, and Riverside City College.
Term Application Periods
October 1, 2021 - June 23, 2022
October 1, 2021 - October 20, 2022
July 1, 2022 - January 5, 2023
July 1, 2022 - April 20, 2023