Moreno Valley College looks forward to serving and educating our Veteran students with dignity, respect and honor.

Join the MVC family

Moreno Valley College is an affordable high education option with an award-winning Veterans Resource Center here to help you achieve your goals. Follow these application steps if you're a US armed forces Veteran or Veteran dependent looking to start or continue your education at MVC. 

If you're still trying to find yourself, take a moment to review the programs of study we offer.

Learn about MVC Explore Academics Veterans Resource Center

How to Apply

Veteran and active military students, as well as their dependents, have the option to apply VA benefits to their educational costs.

  • 1

    Apply for Veteran Educational Benefits

    Apply for your VA Educational Benefits online. For Veterans, use form 22-1990. For dependents, use form 22-5490. The GI Bill® application process takes approximately 3 to 6 weeks at the VA Regional Office. Once completed and approved, you will receive two copies of a Certificate of Eligibility to your personal mailing address (3 to 4 weeks). Submit one copy to the MVC Student Services office and keep one for your records.
    Prior Benefits Users
    If your benefits were previously used at a different institution, submit a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training form 22-1995 or, if you are a dependent, complete form 22-5495. Then, proceed with your application process.
  • 2

    Complete your college and financial aid applications

    The MVC application is quick and easy. You will receive emails with registration information and instructions within two to three business days. Plus, complete your financial aid application, even if you don’t think you qualify.
  • 3

    Activate your email and complete orientation

    Once accepted, you will receive an email with your new student ID number and instructions on how to activate your student email. Your student email is where MVC sends important information and correspondence. Once your email is activated, complete your college orientation online or in-person.
  • 4

    Submit Documents, College and Military Transcripts

    Submit all transcripts from the military and other colleges and universities so you receive an accurate Student Educational Plan (SEP).
    More Details
    Enrolling in courses according to your SEP will assist in certifying your enrollment. If it is determined at a later time that you received payment for courses previously taken you will be in an overpayment and further funding may be terminated.
  • 5

    Meet with the Veterans Services counselor

    You will be given a Veteran's Counseling Referral Slip once your Certificate of Eligibility is received. Use this slip to set up an appointment with the Veterans Services counselor to complete your VA Student Educational Plan.
    More Details
    The VA will not pay for classes that are not included on the VA Student Educational Plan.
  • 6

    Register for classes

    For the best selection of classes, review your options in the class schedule and register in MyPortal as soon as possible. You may register on or after your registration appointment. Add and drop deadlines are strictly enforced.
  • 7

    Submit a Veteran's Statement of Responsibility Form

    Once you have your signed Student Educational Plan and have registered for your classes, complete and turn in a Statement of Responsibility form every semester after enrolling in classes.
    More Details
    After MVC has submitted your certification, you will receive a confirmation email to your RCCD Student Email address and it may take up to 4-6 weeks to receive your benefits from the VA. If you do not receive your benefits within this time, contact the VA office at 1 (877) 823-2378 or visit their website and sign up for e-Benefits for payment information.
  • 8

    Pay Fees and Verify Your Enrollment

    Students receiving chapter 30 and 1606 benefits must verify their enrollment monthly by Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE). Chapter 33 Post-9/11 GI Bill® students who receive Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) and/or kicker payments are also required to verify their enrollment by calling 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) to continue receiving payments.
    More Details
    If you have not received your GI Bill benefits please see Veterans Services for deferral of payment for VA students. The VA does not cover optional fees for Chapter 33/33TR benefit users. To review outstanding fees, use WebAdvisor.

Term Application Periods

  • Summer 2024

    October 1, 2023 - June 21, 2024
  • Fall 2024

    October 1, 2023 - October 18, 2024
  • Winter 2025

    July 1, 2024 - January 10, 2025
  • Spring 2025

    July 1, 2024 - April 25, 2025

Contact Us

MVC's Veterans Services is available to help you through the application process as a Veteran or Veteran Dependent.

Veterans Resource Center

Veterans Success Checklist

  • Attend Classes
  • Meet with Academic Counselor each semester 
  • Complete VA approved courses in educational plan 
  • Keep copies of all forms for your records 
  • Keep RCCD email active and check regularly for information and updates 

Not sure which field is right for you?

Moreno Valley College's programs of study are organized into six academic schools. Your school and its engagement center provide you the support and services to help you succeed.
Learn what it's like to attend MVC as a student, the benefits you have available, and how to get involved on campus through student government and clubs.
MVC graduates

Ready to become a Mountain Lion?