Earn money to pay for college at a job that works with your class schedule and learn transferable career skills.

Become a Student Employee

Moreno Valley College’s Student Employment program can help you earn money to pay for college and other expenses by working part time. Student employees benefit from flexible schedules that work around your classes, can build resume experience while still learning, and get a head start on marketability when you’re ready to dive into a career. 

View RCCD Job board Employment Forms Work Study Interest Form

Campus Employment Options

How your position is funded determines how many hours you can work, the requirements you must fulfill in order to receive pay, and for how long you can stay employed as a student. 

You must work at the college listed on your admissions application for all positions. Students are limited to 16 semesters or 4 years of employment (except for CalWORKs Work Study). 

The US Department of Education awards the school a certain amount of funding each year to allow students to supplement their education costs. Students eligible for Federal Work Study may be awarded up to $5,000.00 per fiscal year. You may work as many hours as your award allows, provided you maintain eligibility. 

Federal Work Study does not guarantee a job on campus. 

  • To work at MVC, Moreno Valley College must be your home college 
  • You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with MVC’s school code: 041735 
  • You must complete any remaining financial aid documents with Student Financial Services and be determined as eligible 
  • You must be at least a half-time student during any term that you work, with 6 units (Fall and Spring) and 3 units (Winter or Summer) 
  • You must maintain a minimum cumulative 2.0 CGPA 
  • You must meet the Student Financial Services Satisfactory Academic Progress standard 
  • You must have a valid Social Security card and picture ID 

Earnings for District positions are paid from a department’s budget and do not require the completion of the FAFSA. To be eligible to work for District funded positions, students must:

  • Be at least a half-time student during any term that you work, with 6 units in fall and spring, and 3 units in winter or summer

  • Maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA 
  • Have a valid Social Security card and picture ID 
  • Have Moreno Valley College as your home college

The CalWORKs Work Study program connects eligible students to part-time jobs on and off-campus. For more information, visit the CalWORKs site or call (951) 571-6154. To be eligible for CalWORKs Study, students: 

  • Be enrolled in at least one unit (if also receiving Federal Work Study, then you must be enrolled half-time; see Federal Work Study requirements)
  • Provide a valid WTW contract to the MVC Workforce at the start of every semester 
  • Maintain a minimum cumulative 2.0 CGPA 
  • Have a valid Social Security card and picture ID 
  • Get clearance from the CalWORKs/Workforce Preparation department to help determine eligibility 
  • Have Moreno Valley College as your home college

Work at MVC

  • 1

    Prepare and find an opening

    Prepare your resume, references and review the job application. Be sure you can answer all the questions. You will have to create an account on the job board to complete your application and maintain access so you can review the status of your job application.
    About Employment Types
    Student jobs are separated by Federal Work Study and Department/District-funded. If you are using Federal Work Study funds, look in the correct category. If you do not qualify for Federal Work Study, you may review District-funded jobs. If there is a specific department you wish to work for, you may inquire with the department to see if they are hiring.
  • 2

    Apply for the job

    Complete the online application for your desired position(s). If Moreno Valley is your home college, you may only apply for positions marked MVC or DISTRICT. You can apply for as many positions as you like or are qualified for.
    Once your application is submitted, the hiring department/site will screen applicants. Follow up with your application status by signing into the RCCD job board. To follow up in-person, you may contact the department/site or hiring supervisor.
  • 3

    Interview and tentative agreement

    If you are selected to be interviewed, the department supervisor will contact you. If you’re offered a position, you will fill out a hire packet with the hiring department and/or supervisor. Come prepared to your interview to expedite the hiring process by reviewing the new hire checklist.
    Once completed, your packet is submitted to the Student Employment office by the hiring supervisor. Review can take 7-10 days if the packet is complete and without errors.
  • 4

    Formal offer of employment

    You and the department supervisor will receive written approval from the Student Employment office if approved for hire. The hiring supervisor will contact you with a start date.

More Ways to Earn and Build Your Resume

Resources and Forms

Find important forms and resources for student employees below. Forms are in PDF format; use Adobe Reader to access them.

Hire forms are only necessary if you’ve received an offer of employment from a department supervisor (you’ve gone through the application and interview process).  

Your supervisor may ask you to fill out hire forms with them to ensure accuracy and completeness, but if you’ve been instructed to complete them yourself, a complete packet of forms and checklist can be downloaded and printed. Your supervisor should always review them before they are submitted to Student Employment. 

You must save these packets to your local computer and open them with Adobe Reader or Acrobat to view them. You will not be able to open or edit them in your browser.

New Hire Packet (New Employees)   Rehire Packet (Transfers and Rehires)

MVC graduates

Ready to become a Mountain Lion?