Design creative solutions
At MVC, graphic design classes help students pursue creative solutions to communicating visual and written ideas. You'll learn the foundations of marketing, artistic and design concepts and principles, and practical skills with industry standard tools. Plus, graphic designers typically enjoy flexible schedules, opportunities to work from home, and the opportunity to run their own business.
Programs of Study
Basic Graphic Design
More Ways to Learn
Why pursue graphic design?
What You'll Learn
- How to create advertisements and marketing collateral that demonstrates consistent color harmony and the effective use of the principles and elements of design.
- Understand the design process from concept to prepared artwork.
- How to consider the influences of media, color model, resolution, target market, substrates and ink on artwork.
- How to analyze and explain the methods of creating aesthetically pleasing and effective typographic communications.
- Understand the differences between raster and vector based images, and how to use digital imaging tools and software to create, edit, retouch, manipulate, enhance and optimize images.
- Graphic designer
- Marketing expert
- Social media manager
- User Interface (UI) or User Experience (UX) designer
- Web designer
- Art teacher
- Prepress technician
- Special effects artist or animator