Fine & Applied Arts
Develop your artistic voice
Fine and Applied Arts at MVC is an area of emphasis degree designed for students interested in exploring a variety of art forms including digital media, creative writing, dance, film, graphic design, music, photography, communication studies, television, theatre, video and the visual arts.
Programs of Study
Fine and Applied Arts
Associate of Arts
The Associate Degree in Fine and Applied Arts offers a rich variety of courses to acquaint students with the creation of and performance in the arts from a global perspective.
Courses examine the nature of the fine and applied arts through analysis, synthesis, composition, performance and technical development.
Students will develop techniques appropriate to the art form, engage in the production and performance of the arts, examine aesthetic valuing, and participate in creative expression.
Why pursue studies in fine and applied arts?
What You'll Learn
- You'll gain basic knowledge and skills in one discipline of the fine and applied arts, including the practice, history, analysis and their applications and technical ability.
- How to develop a personal vision and/or purpose evident the work you produce and manifest in a portfolio, performance, exhibition, or other presentation.
- You'll be able to generate and apply original ideas and methods to discover, create and communicate specific artistic content.
- How to demonstrate conceptual acuity, clarity, imagination, and technical ability to combine, integrate, and synthesize elements into works in ways that enhance their communicative powers.
- Artist focusing in glass, ceramics, painting, sculpture, textiles, printmaking, film, performance, installation, video, multimedia and more.
- Storyboard artist
- Motion or graphic designer
- Web designer
- Medical or scientific illustrator
- Art therapist
- Fashion or interior designer
More Ways to Learn