Not all rooms allow same-day reservation and rooms may not be available at all times. Review the study room reservation schedule to find out current availability and book a room.
- Smart Study Rooms: Library 204, 302, 304 and 305. These rooms have monitors where you can project documents from your phone, laptop, or mobile device wirelessly.
- Regular Study Room: Library 301. This room is available for booking by groups.
- Reserving a room: rooms may be reserved for up to 2 hours per day. Reservations may be made in-person up to 2 weeks in advance. Reservations are held for up to 15 minutes; if you do not arrive for your study room reservation within that time, your booking may be cancelled and made available for another group.
- Renewal: Rooms may be renewed for up to 2 more hours per day, pending availability.
- Leaving: Rooms need to be vacated and ‘returned’ 15 minutes prior to closing.
- Food and drink: Drinks are allowed in closed containers.
Borrowing from the Library
Learn more about library resources, books, journals, ebooks, laptops, calculators, borrowing requirements, guidelines, and deadlines on the borrowing page.
Want to do a deep dive about a specific topic? Check out the multitude of research guides prepared by MVC's librarians. These guides help you get started with topic overviews, access to reputable sources, and more. Learn about topics relevant to what's happening in the news, about how libraries work or how to access information, or use them as a starting point for writing papers.
The Library team runs regular workshops that cover how to find information, use Library resources, cite your sources, and more. Workshops are free and offered both in-person and online formats, depending on the workshop.