Check Out Technology from the MVC Library
- Users must show an accepted form of ID. Please see the section ID Cards.
- Return checked-out items by handing them into the Circulation/Reserve Counter staff.
Overdue fines will not be waived. Users who do not return materials are subject to replacement fees and overdue fines.
- Hourly items: Overdue fines are $1 PER HOUR with a maximum of $50.
- Semester Laptops: Overdue fines are $5 PER DAY with a maximum of $50.
- Users who do not return a laptop will be charged a replacement cost and any overdue fine accrued.
- Users who return a Lenovo laptop broken or damaged will be charged $100 in addition to any overdue fine accrued.
- Users who do not return a Chrome Book, or return a Chromebook damaged, will be charged a $150 replacement fee.
- Daily Chromebook Overdue Fines: Overdue fines are $5 per day up to a maximum of $50.
Mobile Chargers, Hotspots and Graphing Calculators
- Mobile Chargers: $1 per hour or $1 per day, depending on check-out period, with a maximum of $50.
- Hotspots: $1 per hour or $1 per day, depending on check-out period, with a maximum of $25.
- Graphing Calculators: Overdue fines are $1 per hour or $1 per day, depending on check-out period. Replacement fine is $100 per calculator.
Semester Laptop Loans
Laptops may be checked out for a semester at a time.
- Loaned first-come, first-served.
- Holds permitted (placing a hold on a currently checked out laptop means it may not be available before term end).
Hourly Reserve Laptops
Ten (10) Lenovo Yoga Laptops are available for LIBRARY USE ONLY.
- Laptops may be checked out for a maximum of two (2) hours at a time.
- May not be removed from the Library building.
Chromebooks may be checked out for one term at a time (fall, winter, spring, summer).
- A hold can be placed on a Chromebook.
- A Chromebook cannot be renewed.
Chargers, Hotspots and Calculators
- The MVC library has thirty (30) mobile chargers available.
- Chargers may be checked out for either 7 days, or two (2) hours at a time.
- Chargers can be renewed if one is available and/or a hold has not been placed on the item.
- The MVC library has forty-eight (48) hotspots available.
- Hotspots may be checked out for a semester at a time.
- Hotspots can be renewed if one is available and/or a hold has not been placed on the item.
- Three calculators can be used in the library for two (2) hours at a time.
- Calculators may be checked out for either two (2) hours, 7 days, or a select number for the entire semester.
- Calculators can be renewed if one is available and/or a hold has not been placed on the item.
Technology for use while in the MVC Library
- Three external cameras that can be plugged into library desktop computers for test-taking for two (2) hours at a time.
- Two external DVD players that can be plugged into library computers to enable DVD watching for two (2) hours at a time.
Saving Your Work
- Files cannot be saved to the hard drive. To save your work, use a USB drive or upload files to a cloud drive.
- Library laptops have software on them that erases everything on them each time they are shut down; any work saved to a Library laptop will be lost upon restart.
- The laptops are equipped with Wi-Fi.
- Wireless printing is available from all library computers and personal devices.
Moreno Valley College uses cloud printing through wēpa. Print machines are available in the Library (LIB), Learning Center (HM 219), and at the Ben Clark campus. You have several options available to print your assignments: from a computer lab device, by email, by web, from your phone, by USB, or directly from Canvas.
Printing isn't free, so you'll be billed for the documents you do print. You can deposit print money in advance, PayPal, or a credit/debit card (a service fee may apply). If depositing print money via iOS, Mac, or Android, more payment options like Venmo and Apple Pay are available.
Technical assistance from the College IT department is available for the Lenovo Yoga laptops.