Division of Student Services
The Division of Student Services is one of four at Moreno Valley College. Student Services is student-centered and provides access to resources and programs that foster career and college readiness; increase outreach and access; increase student success and completion; provide services that see to our student body's physical and mental health; and ensure student academic and overall wellness.
Meet Your Student Services Vice President
Christopher Sweeten joined the MVC team in 2020 as Vice President of Student Services. Previously, he served as dean of Student Services at West Los Angeles College, as a project/program Coordinator at Mt. San Antonio College, and as director of Student Affairs at UC Riverside's School of Medicine. A southern California native, Sweeten grew up in Montclair and his parents have been residents of Moreno Valley since 2016.
Sweeten received his master's degree from UCLA in Education and expects to complete a doctoral degree from the University of Southern California in Educational Leadership.
A Message to Students
Welcome to Moreno Valley College! Congratulations for taking the initiative to attend MVC; we are committed to supporting you in achieving your educational goals. The most important thing for you to know is that you are not alone on your educational journey; you have the MVC faculty, staff, and administrators here to assist and support you! Our college is committed to helping you feel: welcomed; directed; focused; nurtured; engaged; connected; and valued during your time as an MVC student.
Here are some tips that may help you to be successful as an MVC student:
- Choose your educational path early on (program of study and career goal) and work with a counselor to develop a clear and complete education plan to achieve it.
- Manage your time wisely; use a planner or calendar to schedule study time and to keep track of important assignments, exams, dates and deadlines. Develop a study plan and stick to it.
- Stay on your educational path. Meet with an Academic Counselor each semester to ensure that you are taking the classes you need each semester to achieve your educational goal in a timely manner.
- Get connected, engaged, and involved on campus while you are here. Seek out and use college resources. We know that students who are more involved on campus are more successful in reaching their goals, so please take advantage of the excellent programs, services, and resources that we have available.
- Be a full-time student. Successfully complete at least 12 units every semester. Take at least one class during the summer and winter sessions. This will allow you to earn a degree, certificate, and/or transfer much faster than if you enroll part-time. Work with a counselor to balance your course load so your workload is manageable.
Please explore our website and learn about the excellent programs, services, and resources that are available to you. Our MVC team is excited to meet you and assist you in your journey. We wish you much success and we know that you will enjoy your college experience at MVC!