Welcome to the Honors Program at Moreno Valley College. The Honors Program is a learning community that encourages students to expand personal and academic horizons. Join the Honors Program to foster friendships and encourage curiosity as you strive toward academic excellence.
Why join the Honors Program?
The Honors Program will support you, challenge you, and help you grow. In return for participation in your classes and community, Honors students receive:
- Priority registration, which allows Honors students to register for any MVC classes before regular registration opens
- Scholarship workshops
- One-on-one student-faculty mentoring
- Small class sizes
- Specialized counseling
- Field trips to local transfer colleges
- Dedicated study and collaboration space
- Opportunities to do original research
- Opportunities to attend and present at local and statewide conferences
- Upon program completion, students can take advantage of transfer agreements with over 30 colleges and universities. Transfer agreements offer special admissions consideration, honors-to-honors transfer, research opportunities, housing priority, scholarship priority and more.
"I found the dedicated teaching and small class sizes facilitated my success..."
— Rozalyn Wood, MVC Honors Alumna
How do I join the Honors Program?
Students must apply to join the Honors program. Honors program applications are accepted year round for both current RCCD students as well as first-time college students. Requirements include a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Honors classes are limited to 20 students to allow greater emphasis on critical thinking and active student participation.
- Honors students read more primary texts and not simply textbook material.
- Honors classes develop your writing and critical thinking skills. Expect at least 20 pages of formal, graded written work to prepare you for the demands of university-level assignments.
- Honors classes use innovative teaching strategies to challenge students to discover creative or original solutions and conclusions.
Fall 2021 Honors Courses
- Sociology 10 Honors
- Biology 10 Honors
- English 1B Honors
- History 7 Honors
Spring 2022 Honors Courses
- Humanities 10 Honors
- Psychology 1 Honors
- Biology 60 Honors
- Political Science 1 Honors
Humanities Building, Room 205B
Monday and Wednesday
11 am - 1 pm (Professor Johnson)
Tuesday and Thursday
9:30 - 10:30 am (Professor Kazsuk)
Socialize with Us: