Statement of Purpose
Welcome to the Curriculum Committee page! As a standing committee of the Academic Senate, the mission of the Moreno Valley College (MVC) Curriculum Committee is to approve all credit and non-credit courses and educational programs of the college and to make recommendations to the Academic Senate related to them. The MVC Curriculum Committee also has responsibility for the processes involved in meeting all quality assurance standards for Distance Education courses. It is the responsibility of all involved in curriculum development and approval to make sure that the college curriculum is sound, that it complies with all regulations, and that it helps students to achieve their educational and professional goals.
- RCCD and MVC Resources
- MVC Catalog
- RCCD CurricUNET META Public Search
- RCCD CurricUNET
- RCCD CurricUNET META Tutorial Videos
- RCCD Curriculum Committee and Resources
- RCCD Curriculum Handbook Updated 2019
- RCCD C-ID Progress Report Updated May 2020
- MVC Academic Programs, Degrees and Certificates
- MVC Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADT)
- Distance Education Resources
- Distance Ed Emergency Proposal Form DOCX
- Distance Ed Standard Proposal Form DOCX (view a sample completed form DOCX)
- State and Regional Resources
The college curriculum committee is the sole approving body for MVC-only curriculum. For shared courses across the district, the College has one vote on the district curriculum committee. The College's curriculum committee is responsible for informing faculty of state-mandated curriculum changes through reports to their departments, programs, and offices and for soliciting recommendations from faculty and others on curriculum-related issues.
The MVC Curriculum Committee meets during the fall and spring semesters. All meetings are open to the college community and to the public. The committee uses Roberts Rules of Order, Newly Revised (2000) in the conduct of its meetings and follows the procedures outlined in The Brown Act.
|Fall 2020||Spring 2021|
Location: Via Zoom
Email Sabina Fernandez for Zoom meeting information
Time: 2 - 4 pm
2020-21 Agendas, Minutes and Documents
- Nancy Aguirre, Public Safety, Education and Training (PSET)
- Maria Alvarez de Pacheco, Counseling
- Rachel Dyer, Health, Human and Public Services (HHPS)
- Norma Flores, Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences (HASS)
- Jeanne Howard, Articulation Office (AO)
- Esteban Navas, Mathematics Department (MATH)
- Vacant, Business and Information Technology Systems Department (BITS)
- Sonya Nyrop, Communications Department (COMM)
- Debbi Renfrow, Library and Learning Resources
- Stephen Wagner, Natural Sciences and Kinesiology Department (NSK)
- Anna Marie Amezquita, Dean of Instruction
- Sabina Fernandez, Support Staff and Recorder
- Melody Graveen, Dean of Instruction, CTE
- Carlos Lopez, VPAA/ALO, Administrative Co-Chair
- Art Turnier, Dean of Instruction, PSET
- Vacant, Student Representative (ASMVC)
- Ann Pfeifle, Faculty Co-Chair
- Tom Vitzelio, Dean, Academic Support
|Technical Review Committee - NEW!|
The Technical Review Committee (TRC) reviews any technical issues of incoming or current curriculum proposals prior District Technical Review Committee. TRC meetings are open to faculty regarding any curriculum questions.
The TRC meets every Thursday from 1:30 - 2:30 pm in SAS 303 during the spring semester.
|Distance Education Committee|
As a subcommittee of Curriculum Committee, the Distance Education Committee (DEC) advises the Curriculum Committee and Academic Senate on all matters related to distance education, and coordinates and provides distance education training for faculty and staff.
The DEC meets on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 12:50 - 1:50 pm during fall and spring.
Visit the Distance Education Committee page for more information.
MVC Faculty Curriculum Co-Chair
MVC Administrative Curriculum Co-Chair