Welcome to the Curriculum Committee! As a standing committee of the Academic Senate, the mission of the Moreno Valley College (MVC) Curriculum Committee is to approve all credit and non-credit courses and educational programs of the college and to make recommendations to the Academic Senate related to them. The MVC Curriculum Committee also has responsibility for the processes involved in meeting all quality assurance standards for Distance Education courses. It is the responsibility of all involved in curriculum development and approval to make sure that the college curriculum is sound, that it complies with all regulations, and that it helps students to achieve their educational and professional goals.
Meetings and Documents
The MVC Curriculum Committee meets during the fall and spring semesters. All meetings are open to the college community and to the public. The committee uses Roberts Rules of Order, Newly Revised (2000) in the conduct of its meetings and follows the procedures outlined in The Brown Act.
|Fall 2021||Spring 2022|
Location: SAS 101
Time: 2 - 4 pm
Email Sabina Fernandez for Zoom meeting information
Curriculum Development and Resources
The college curriculum committee is the sole approving body for MVC-only curriculum. For shared courses across the district, the College has one vote on the district curriculum committee. The College's curriculum committee is responsible for informing faculty of state-mandated curriculum changes through reports to their departments, programs, and offices and for soliciting recommendations from faculty and others on curriculum-related issues.
New Requirements: CSU GE Area F, Ethnic Studies New Resources
RCCD and MVC Resources
- MVC Catalog
- MVC Academic Programs, Degrees and Certificates
- MVC Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADT)
- RCCD CurriQunet META and Public Search
- RCCD CurricUNET META Tutorial Videos
- RCCD Curriculum Committee
- Meeting Schedule for 2021-22
- RCCD Curriculum Proposal Forms
- RCCD C-ID Progress Report Updated March 2021
- RCCD Curriculum Handbook Updated 2019
- Unit Calculator Excel
Distance Education Resources
State and Regional Resources
Course Approval, Codes and Taxonomies
- Program and Course Approval Handbook (PCAH) 7th Edition PDF
- California Community College Taxonomy of Programs (TOP Codes) PDF
Newsletters and Articles
Open Educational Resources and Curriculum
- Open Educational Resources and the Course Outline of Record by Skyline College PDF
- Articulation, Curriculum, and Open Educational Resources by ASCCC PDF
- Nancy Aguirre, Public Safety
- Maria Alvarez de Pacheco, Counseling
- Rachel Dyer, Health and Human Services
- Norma Flores, Communications, English and World Languages
- Jeanne Howard, Articulation office
- Esteban Navas, Mathematics
- Kasey Nguyen, Business
- Debbi Renfrow, Library and Learning Resources
- Nick Sinigaglia, Humanities Education, Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Robert Delgadillo, Visual and Performing Arts
- Stephen Wagner, Biological and Physical Sciences
- Anna Marie Amezquita, Dean of Instruction
- Communications, English and World Languages; Humanities, Education, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Visual and Performing Arts
- Sabina Fernandez, Support Staff and Recorder
- Melody Graveen, Dean of Instruction
- Biological and Physical Sciences; Business, Health and Human Services; Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics; Career & Technical Education
- Carlos Lopez, VPAA/ALO, Administrative Co-Chair
- Ann Pfeifle, Faculty Co-Chair
- Phillip Rawlings, Dean of Instruction
- Public Safety
- Tom Vitzelio, Associate Dean, Academic Support
- Cristian Barrera, Student Representative (ASMVC)
|Technical Review Committee|
The Technical Review Committee (TRC) reviews any technical issues of incoming or current curriculum proposals prior District Technical Review Committee. TRC meetings are open to faculty regarding any curriculum questions.
The TRC Meets every Thursday during the fall and spring terms via Zoom. Contact support staff Sabina Fernandez above for meeting information.
|Distance Education Committee|
As a subcommittee of Curriculum Committee, the Distance Education Committee (DEC) advises the Curriculum Committee and Academic Senate on all matters related to distance education, and coordinates and provides distance education training for faculty and staff.
The DEC meets on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 12:50 - 1:50 pm during fall and spring.
Visit the Distance Education Committee page for more information.
MVC Faculty Curriculum Co-Chair
MVC Administrative Curriculum Co-Chair