Faculty Development Committee
The Faculty Development Committee (FDC) is a standing committee of the Moreno Valley College Academic Senate. The FDC sets and implements faculty professional development policy, programs and provides faculty development and learning opportunities (FLEX). The FDC operates in accordance with state requirements.
The purpose of the Faculty Development Advisory Committee, a subcommittee of the Academic Senate, is to set and implement faculty development policy and programs at Moreno Valley College. The committee will function in accordance with state requirements associated with faculty development.
Voting members must attend in-person. Guests may attend in-person or online via Zoom (Meeting ID: 836 6588 7466, Passcode: 308200).
Voting members must attend in-person. Guests may attend in-person or online via Zoom (Meeting ID: 871 4196 2974, Passcode: 849328).
FLEX stands for Flexible Calendar Program, and facilitates professional development. Professional development opportunities help full- and part-time faculty improve their instruction, curriculum and learning resource development skills, understanding of diversity and community, explore research opportunities, and more.
To contact the Faculty Development Committee, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coordinator: Monica Hernandez
Faculty Development Goals
- Provide professional development opportunities that expand skills and practices for faculty to support improvement of instruction and enhanced student learning.
- Develop innovative classroom strategies and instructional techniques that are responsive to evolving student needs and measures of student success.
- Offer training opportunities that increase computer and technological proficiency and/or support distance education and online instructions.
- Engage faculty as scholars and practitioners in their various disciplines, and provide opportunities for faculty to share their expertise with colleagues.
- Support faculty well-being, including physical and emotional health and self-esteem.
- CCC Vision Resource Center: The Vision Resource Center is an online learning and communication platform that offers all California community college employees equitable access to professional development opportunities
- Learn how to use systems and software at MVC
- Linkedin Learning is provided at no cost for MVC students and employees through the Single Sign-On