Back to Top
A - Z Index  |   Canvas  |   Directory  |   Email  |   My Portal  |   People |    SSO     Disability Accommodation Resources

Tuition & Fee Information

Moreno Valley College strives to be an affordable option for higher education. Below you'll find tuition costs and fees. In the event of a fee increase by the state legislature please refer to this page for updates on payment deadlines.

If you decide not to attend class and are not dropped from the class, you will receive an "F" and owe fees. It is your responsibility to drop yourself from classes that you decide not to attend.


Fee Schedule

Any fee may change without notice subject to changes issued by the State of California and/or changes in RCCD Board policies.

Fee Cost

Enrollment Fee

$46 per unit

Nonresident Tuition and Enrollment Fee
(plus enrollment fee)

$307 + $46 per unit

Out of Country Non Resident Surcharge
Non-refundable (plus enrollment fee and non-resident surcharge)

$17 per unit

Health Services Fee *
(Non refundable if student drops all classes after the refund deadline)

Fall/spring: $20
Winter/summer: $17

Student Services Fee
May be waived if Fee Waiver is submitted before last day to add

Fall/spring: $30
Winter/summer: $10

Transportation Fee ***
Not charged during winter session

$5.50 (over 6 units)
$5 (6 units or less)

Audit Fee

$15 per unit

Duplicate Diploma Fee


Non-sufficient Funds/Stop payment Fee


Transcript Fee
(first 2 transcripts are free)

View Transcript Fee Information

Unofficial Transcript
(free on WebAdvisor)



Parking Permit Fees

Parking permit fees are non-refundable if student drops all classes after the refund deadline. If eligible for a refund student must return the permit to Parking Services immediately.

2020-21 parking costs have been waived. For parking information, see the Parking Services page.

Fee Cost

Parking Permit: Auto

$50 for fall/spring ($30 with CA College Promise Grant (CCPG))
$25 for summer
$0 for winter

Parking Permit: Motorcycle



Course Fees

Some classes require an additional fee for materials, tools, technical and miscellaneous supplies for certain programs (70902(s) of the Educational Code). The charge is noted under the appropriate class. Additional fees must be paid at registration, and are not covered by the California College Promise Grant (CCPG). Drop deadlines for non-payment apply.

Fee Cost

First Aid & CPR Fees


Life Guard & Water Safety Instructor Certification



How To Pay

Fees may be paid up until the end of the business hours at each college location. Fees may also be paid online via WebAdvisor. Students who do not pay will have a hold placed on their record and will not be able to register for classes.

  • WebAdvisor (Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover Card)
  • Mail or Drop Boxes (check or money order)
    • Moreno Valley: inside the Student Services building
    • Norco: inside and outside Student Services building
    • Riverside: outside Admissions and Bradshaw buildings
  • Admissions & Records Office (Cash, Check or Money Order)
  • Make check or money order payable to 'RCCD' and be sure to include your RCCD ID number


More Information

Refunds for Students

RCCD refunds any enrollment fee paid for withdrawal from a class during the first two weeks for full term 16 week classes and 10% of the length of the course for short term courses. Refund deadlines are listed in WebAdvisor under My Class Schedule. You can access this form on WebAdvisor.

You are eligible for a refund of fees if you withdraw from classes within the specified deadlines. Refunds are issued to students approximately 6-8 weeks after the last day for refunds. No immediate refunds are available. If you add the class after the first day you may be adding past the refund date. Students who paid with cash or a check will receive a refund check in the mail. Students who paid with credit card will have their refund credited back to their credit card.

Students who drop all classes within the refund period and wish to receive a refund for a parking permit must turn the permit in to Parking Services.

If you are receiving a refund due to an adjustment in your financial aid, please notify Student Account. For questions regarding your account and refunds call (951) 222-8604.

Restrictions for Non-Payment

Effective summer 2017, drops for non-payment have been suspended indefinitely. You will NOT be dropped for non-payment. All students will be charged for registered classes and may receive a failing grade unless they drop themselves within deadlines. It is the student's responsibility to verify that all classes have been added or dropped accordingly.

Students who owe any outstanding fees to RCCD will not be able to register for classes in this term or future terms until the balance is paid. Students are encouraged to apply for financial assistance by going to See the Financial Services site for more information.

Additional Fee Information

* Required fee - (Title V State regulations) support general and emergency services provided by RCCD's Health Services. Not covered by CCPG. Students who depend on prayer for healing and students attending under an approved apprenticeship program are exempt from this fee. Students must apply for this waiver by submitting a Health Services Fee Waiver Request and supporting documentation to the Health Services Office. The Health Services Fee Waiver form can be obtained from Admissions and Records.

** A $3.15-3.65 shipping/handling charge applies to online orders. A $5.00 processing fee applies to orders paid in person.

*** MVC students registered in one or more units can ride anywhere RTA travels. Students are charged a Transportation Fee at the time they register. Travel on RTA begins the first day of the term for registered students; registering after the term begins will delay bus riding privileges. Registered students must present their Photo ID card to an RTA driver. This fee is not charged during the winter session.

Chancellor's Office Tax Offset Program (COTOP)

What is COTOP?

COTOP is a program that provides Riverside Community College District (RCCD) with a method of collecting Accounts Receivable balances for student financial aid and non-financial aid obligations. Past due accounts will be submitted by RCCD to COTOP for a tax offset (via an intercept by the Franchise Tax Board of any tax refunds, lottery winnings, or unclaimed property that might be owed to you).

Student accounts that have past due fees may be submitted to COTOP. This can include enrollment and associated fees incurred at any of the three Riverside Community College District Colleges – Moreno Valley College, Norco College, and Riverside City College.

Please be aware that this debt will NOT be submitted to any major credit agencies.

What do I need to do if I receive a COTOP letter in the mail?

Please follow the instructions on the letter you have received. You can avoid the Tax Offset collection fee, if you voluntarily pay the amounts owed within 30 days of the date of the letter that you received.

You can pay your fees either online through your Web Advisor account, in person at the Cashier's Office, or by mail. If your fees are not paid in full in the 30 days after the letters are sent out, your information will be submitted to COTOP.

If you believe there has been an error you may appeal this action by filling out the COTOP Appeal Form that is available at the Admission & Records Department at the college where the course was taken. The form can be downloaded and emailed or submitted in person with the appropriate documentation to the college.

Upon receipt of your appeal, a college representative will review your case. If the representative finds that the offset is in error, the offset will be withdrawn or the amount corrected. If no objections are submitted or if the objections are considered to be insufficient, we will proceed with this action.

Appealing COTOP Charges

View the COTOP Appeal Form PDF

This form is for students who have received a letter from the RCCD accounting services manager-regarding outstanding fees and are filing an appeal. If you decided not to attend course(s) and were not dropped from the course, you may have received a substandard grade or "W" and owe fees. It is the students' responsibility to drop themselves from the course if they decide not to attend. Extenuating circumstances are verified, documented cases of accidents, illnesses, or other circumstances beyond the control of the student. No appeal will be considered without proper documentation.