Maintain your records

Admissions & Records maintains records for all past and present Moreno Valley College students. Let us help you meet your enrollment and registration needs, and help you access and maintain your MVC student record.

Enrollment Verification Forms and Appeals

Make Changes and Updates

Ensuring your student information is accurate is important. Be sure to always have your current address on file, that your name and student information is accurate, and if you can’t update your personal information in MyPortal, submit any changes to your contact information to Admissions & Records. 

Students can maintain their basic information by logging into MyPortal. Update your mailing address, phone number, personal email and emergency contact information online. Some information may be required to be verified any time you register for classes. 

If you are a student employee, make sure to contact the student employment or Riverside Community College District office depending on your type of employment. 

Access MyPortal

Your student address is used to send diplomas and other important records. Not having your current address on file may result in delays. To change/update your address, log onto MyPortal.

If you're unable to access MyPortal, you may also fill out the Student Change of Information form and walk it into the Admissions & Records office or mail it in with a valid picture ID to: 

Moreno Valley College 
ATT: Admissions & Records 
16130 Lasselle Street 
Moreno Valley, CA 92551 

If you are an employee, you must also make sure to notify your employment office. District employees must contact the Human Resources office while student employees must contact the Student Employment office.

For more information regarding submitting your change of address, please call (951) 571-6101, or send an email to Admissions & Records

Access MyPortal Access Change of Information Form (pdf)

Complete the Change of Information form and submit it to Admissions & Records by email. You must submit the form with a valid photo ID. Changes to educational/academic goals should be completed after speaking with an academic counselor.

Access Change of Information Form (pdf)

Use the Change of Chosen Name or Gender Identity form to complete a change of your legal/preferred name or gender identity/preferred pronoun in your student record. This form should be submitted to Admissions & Records.

Access Change of Name/Gender Identity Form (pdf)

If you need to change your social security number (which may occur in cases of gaining citizenship or identity theft), complete the MVC Student Change of Information form and submit it to Admissions & Records. You must also present your new SSN card. If changing this information, student employees must also contact the student employment office, while district employees must contact Human Resources. 

Access Change of Information Form (pdf)

Request the change of your Riverside Community College District home college. Your home college is where you receive your student services and the college that awards your degrees and/or certificates. It’s initially set as whatever college you submitted your application to. 

Access Change of Home College Form (pdf)

Important Forms

If you need to file a petition, appeal or change your student information, you’ll need to use an official MVC Admissions & Records form. These are available in PDF format and most, if not all, can be filled out electronically. Print them out and drop them off or email the form to Admissions & Records.


Academic Renewal allows previously recorded substandard (D,F,NC,NP) coursework taken at a campus of RCCD to be disregarded in the computation of RCCD grade point average. Conditions apply. Completed form should be submitted to Admissions Office at the student's home college.

Access Academic Renewal Form (pdf)

The college may permit an overlapping schedule if certain requirements are met. Completed form should be submitted to Admissions at the student's home campus.

Access Approval for Overlapping Classes Form (pdf)

Students enrolled in a course who are seeking to re-enroll in the same course the next term must get verification from the instructor that they will not receive a passing grade in order to be eligible to register now for the same course next term. Submit completed form to Admissions at the Student's home campus.

Access Course Grade Verification Form (pdf)

Students may repeat both Non-Repeatable and Repeatable courses according to administrative policy and procedures. When course repetition occurs the permanent academic records will be annotated in such a manner that all work remains legible ensuring and true and complete academic history. 

Students can only attempt most courses a maximum of 3 times. 

Access Course Repetition Form (pdf)

This petition is for students who encounter situations involving extenuating circumstances, or emergencies that may affect their educational records and fall outside the realm of normal college policy and procedure. Students have 12 calendar months following the semester in which the grade was recorded to submit this petition.

Access Extenuating Circumstances Petition (pdf)

(All courses, except Foreign Languages) Credit may be granted to any student who satisfactorily passes an examination approved or conducted by the discipline or program in which a comparable course is offered. In the case of foreign languages students must complete a higher-level course in order to receive credit for a lower level language course (see below for correct form).

Access Credit by Exam Form (pdf)

Foreign languages students (only) must complete a higher-level course in order to receive credit for a lower-level language course. 

Access Credit by Exam - Foreign Languages Form (pdf)

Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) is college credit awarded for validated college-level skills and knowledge gained outside of a college classroom. Students who satisfactorily pass an authorized assessment may receive CPL for eligible courses, as approved by faculty. 

Credit for Prior Learning Assessment Petition (pdf)

Late Add Petitions allow students experiencing extenuating circumstances that prevented them from being able to enroll in a class to request course enrollment up to one week past the last day to add. Student must seek instructor approval, dean of instruction approval, and provide documented proof to file the form with Admissions & Records.

Access Late Add Petition Form (pdf)


For Eligible California High School Graduates.

Access AB540 Form (pdf)

For Eligible Children of Deported or Voluntarily Departed Parents.

Access SB141 Form (pdf)

This form is for students who have received a letter from the RCCD accounting services manager-regarding outstanding fees and are filing an appeal. If you decided not to attend course(s) and were not dropped from the course, you may have received a substandard grade or "W" and owe fees. It is the students' responsibility to drop themselves from the course if they decide not to attend. Extenuating circumstances are verified, documented cases of accidents, illnesses, or other circumstances beyond the control of the student. No appeal will be considered without proper documentation.

Access COTOP Appeal Form (pdf)

College/University Cross Enrollment and High School Concurrent Enrollment

Eligible undergraduate students enrolled at any California Community College may enroll at a CSU or UC campus without formal admission to take a maximum of one course per academic term on a space available basis for a $10 or more administrative fee. Submit completed form to RCCD Admissions at your home campus. 

Access Cross Enrollment Form (pdf)

All high school students wishing to attend Moreno Valley College are required to submit this form along with other information by the Concurrent Enrollment application deadline. Learn more on the Concurrent Enrollment page.

Access High School Concurrent Enrollment Approval Form (pdf)

Diplomas and Certificates

For a duplicate, print out the request form and pay at the cashier window at the college. You may also mail request form to the college with check payable to RCCD. Requests will be ordered with the next regular order of diplomas and certificates. It may take up to 6 months to receive the duplicate. Cost is $2.00 each.

Access Duplicate Diploma/Certificate Request Form (pdf)

Financial Aid, Privacy and Taxes

Formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver Appeal. Students have the opportunity to appeal if they meet and can document an approved circumstance. This form must be used to appeal.

Access CCPG Appeal Form (pdf)

As a student, one has the right to keep their records private.

Access Privacy Consent Form (pdf)

Request for Student's or Borrower's Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification.

Access W-9S Form (pdf)

Registration and Residency

Students who have lost priority registration and have been moved to open registration may appeal to have it reinstated based on verifiable evidence of factors outside their control. 

Access Priority Registration Appeal Form (pdf)

Read form for more information.

Access Residency Questionnaire Form (pdf)

Students may appeal their registration appointment if they have completed over 100 units and are intending to graduate or transfer during the following term. If approved, the student's new registration appointment will be for the intended term only, and subsequent appeals will not be considered at any of the three colleges at RCCD.

Access Registration Appointment Appeal Form (pdf)

Non-Credit and Adult Education

Eligible adult education students may attend Moreno Valley College if they demonstrate college readiness. Interested students must be enrolled in an adult education program completing a high school diploma, GED, or equivalency certificate.

All adult education students wishing to attend Moreno Valley College while attending an adult school are required to submit this form along with other information by the Concurrent Enrollment application deadline.

Access Adult Education Concurrent Enrollment Approval Form (pdf)