Disability Support Services
Eliminate Barriers to Success
Every student deserves equal access to their college experience. We help enrolled students with unique challenges meet their desire for knowledge and dreams of success. Reasonable accommodations for educational and programmatic opportunities are made for campus students with disabilities to promote self-advocacy and independence.
Register with DSS (Current MVC Student) Register with DSS (High School Senior)
We’ll Help You Succeed
Your DSS staff are campus liaisons that help eliminate physical, academic and attitudinal barriers – because your success matters. Accommodations are determined based on the educational limitations of the documented disability.
- Academic advising and career counseling
- Test accommodation
- Adaptive computer technology
- Adaptive equipment loan
- Alternate Media
- Disability-related counseling
- Note Taking Assistance
- Priority registration
- Real time captioning
Are you eligible for DSS?
If you have a documented disability resulting in an educational limitation, the answer is YES! Among the conditions that may qualify for academic support services are:
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Developmental Disabilities
- Health Impairments (cardiac, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, etc.)
- Hearing Impairments (Deaf & Hard of Hearing)
- Learning Disabilities
- Mobility Impairments
- Psychological Disabilities
- Temporary Disabilities (lasting longer than 45 days)
- Visual Impairments
MVC High-Tech Center
Advanced Adaptive Technologies
Learn how to use adaptive technologies — to help you with your college coursework. The skills you gain will help you be better prepared for success in college and future employment. All students with a disability that are accepted into the DSPS program are eligible to use the High-Tech Center.
Supporting DSS Students
Events and Activities
Help Completing Your CA Dream Act
Dolores Huerta and Cesar E. Chavez Scholarship Breakfast
Mural Project Community Paint Day
Forms and Resources
Bring all completed form(s) to the DSS office for signatures. Please make copies of any disability related documentation before turning it in to the DSS office.
Any faxed or mailed disability documentation will receive a courtesy email to alert students of received documentation. However, it is the student's responsibility to follow up on documentation either faxed or mailed to the DSS office. If there is no follow-up after the semester, the documentation will be destroyed.
- Alternate Media Request: Request textbooks in braille, large print or e-text using the online form.
- Consent for Release of Information: Give permission to DSS to request or receive records.
- Disability Verification Form: Form for your medical professional to complete.
- Interpreter Request: Request a sign language interpreter if you are deaf or hearing impaired.
- Request for Academic Adjustments/Auxiliary Aide: Request your approved services (scribe, test taking assistance, etc.) each term.
Reach out to your accommodations team to ensure you have everything you need to succeed in college.
- Monday - Thursday, 8 am - 5 pm
- Friday, 8 am - Noon
Call or Fax
Office: (951) 571-6138 (Hablamos Español)
Fax: (951) 571-6184
Video Relay Phone
(951) 208-6896 (Deaf/Hard of Hearing individuals only)
Library Building, Room 221