Back to Top
A - Z Index  |   Canvas  |   Directory  |   Email  |   My Portal  |   People |    SSO     Disability Accommodation Resources

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

The United States Department of Education requires students applying for financial assistance to be enrolled in an eligible program for the purpose of completing an AA/AS Degree, transfer requirements, or certificate program. All students must have their academic progress reviewed to determine if Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) has been achieved. The government requires that students who apply for financial assistance meet two standards:

  1. Qualitative Standard: All students at Riverside Community College District (RCCD) must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0.
  2. Quantitative Standard: All students must complete a certain percentage of units attempted in order to make progress toward their goal.

For more information about SAP and how it may affect your financial aid, read our Satisfactory Academic Progress pdf policy or make an appointment with a Financial Aid counselor.


View Satisfactory
Academic Progress (SAP) Policy
  Online SAP
Counseling Appointments


Watch the "How do I know if I am eligible to file an appeal!?" Video