Back to Top
My Portal  |   Canvas  |   Distance Education  |   A - Z Index  |   Directory  |   People   Disability Accommodation Resources

Information for Returning Veteran Students @ MVC

You are classified as a Previous Benefit user if you have used VA educational benefits at another institution and would like to continue using benefits at Moreno Valley College.

  1. Apply for Admission (If applicable):
  2. Submit a Request for Change of Program/Place of Training: You may submit your request online through the VA website at or submit your request to the Veterans Services office.
  1. Set up RCCD Student E-mail Account:
    • RCCD email will provide you important notices from your Veterans Services Office (you will receive a copy of your certification, 22-1999, to your RCCD student email)
    • Registration date
    • Upcoming events, faculty correspondence, and much more. For information about your student email log in to WebAdvisor.
  1. Mail in/Walk in all College & Military transcript(s):
  1. Meet with a VA Counselor to complete VA Student Educational Plan:
    • Students must see the Veterans Services department to receive a Counseling Referral to set up an appointment with the VA Counselor.
    • Only courses listed on the VA SEP will be payable by the VA.
    • To change/update Program of Study, please see the Veterans Services department.
    • Remedial online courses are not payable by the VA.
  1. Register for Classes using WebAdvisor:
    • Priority Registration is granted to veteran students for four years from date of separation as noted on their DD214. Bring in a copy of your DD214 to the Veterans office for approval.
    • Students will be notified via their RCCD student email account of times and dates for priority registration.
    • Refer to your VA Student Educational Plan to register for required courses.
  1. Submit a Veteran's Statement of Responsibility Form:
    • Statement of Responsibility forms must be submitted EVERY semester to request your benefits and to avoid being dropped for nonpayment.
    • Form is available on our website. You may scan and email, fax or walk in your form to our office.
    • If you are taking classes at Norco College and/or Riverside City College, you must also submit a Veterans Statement of Responsibility at their Veterans Office to request your benefits.
    • You will receive email confirmation to your RCCD email once you certification has been submitted to the VA.
  2. Verify Your Enrollment:
    • Chapter 30, 1606 and 1607 benefits must verify their enrollment monthly by Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) at All other VA students are strongly encouraged to check the website for any information.