Back to Top
A - Z Index  |   Canvas  |   Directory  |   Email  |   My Portal  |   People |    SSO     Disability Accommodation Resources

Information for New Veteran Students

Veterans' Services mission at Moreno Valley College is to serve Ceterans with dignity, respect and honor. We are committed to providing effective and timely services in a safe, challenging and supportive learning environment. We want to prepare you to pursue and reach your academic and career goals.

You can also check out the Resources section for more information.


Getting Started

Go to and apply online for VA Educational Benefits. You will receive a Certificate of Eligibility to your mailing address. The GI-Bill application process takes approximately 3 to 6 weeks at the VA Regional Office.

  • Veterans use form 22-1990 to request: Chapter 33, 30, 1606 or REAP 1607, VRAP
  • Dependents/Spouse use form 22-5490 for Chapter 35
  • Approximately about 3-4 weeks after, two copies of the Certificate/Letter of Eligibility will be mailed to you and you must bring one copy to the Moreno Valley College Student Services office and keep one for your records.

* *If you have previously used your benefits at a different institution, you will need to submit a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training form 22-1995 or if you are a dependent complete a 22-5495 (these forms are also available on the Department of Veterans Affairs website).

Go to to submit an online application.

  • As a veteran you may be eligible for priority registration for future terms. Bring in a copy of your DD214 to the Veterans Services office to check if you are eligible. Eligible students will be notified via their RCCD student email account.

* Dependant students must complete the Admissions process but are not eligible for priority registration.

Log onto to apply. Visit the Student Financial Services website for information on upcoming financial aid workshops. * Moreno Valley College Financial Aid school code is 041735.

RCCD Student email will provide you important notices from your Veterans Services Office including certification confirmation, registration date, upcoming events, faculty correspondence, and much more. For information about activating your student email go to and log in to WebAdvisor.

To assist in accurately completing your Student Educational Plan, we recommend that all your transcripts from the Military and other colleges and universities be submitted. Your enrollment in courses according to your SEP will assist in certifying your enrollment, if it is determined at a later time that you received payment for courses previously taken you will be in an overpayment and further funding may be terminated. Transcript(s) must be official, sealed, and less than 90 days from print date. Please mail all transcript(s) to:

Moreno Valley College
ATT: Veterans Services
16130 Lasselle Street
Moreno Valley, CA 92551

* Please check WebAdvisor to determine when all transcripts have been received by MVC.

Verifying Prerequisites/Co-requisites. It is the student's responsibility to know and meet the course prerequisites and co-requisites. These are stated in the course descriptions within the Class Schedule and the Catalog. If you have met the prerequisite at another accredited college or university, please check the MVC Matriculation website to follow the steps to validate your prerequisite(s).



  • Assessment/Placement Test - You must take the Assessment Test, which is an important tool to measure student levels of English, Math and Reading. The MVC Assessment Center is located on the first floor of the student services building. Check their website at for testing times and dates. You may also visit the Ben Clark Training Center located at 16888 Bundy Ave Riverside, CA 92518, (951)571-6369.
  • Online Orientation - You must complete an Online Orientation through WebAdvisor. You are required to participate in the Online Orientation before you can register. Your registration will be on hold if it is determined that you have not completed Assessment and Orientation.
  • Assessment Scores from Another College. If you took the "Accuplacer Online" assessment test at another college, you may submit your test scores for evaluation. Check the MVC Assessment Center website for more information and specific criteria.

Please Note: Transfer students that have not completed Math, English or Reading course(s) at a previous institution will be required to complete the Assessment/Placement Test in order to obtain a VA Student Educational Plan.

After all transcript(s) have been received (from any colleges / universities attended and the Military) and you have submitted your Certificate of Eligibility to Veteran's Services, you will be given a Veteran's Counseling Referral Slip. You must take this slip to the Counseling Department to set up an appointment with a counselor to complete your VA Student Educational Plan.

* The VA will not pay for classes that are not included on the VA Student Educational Plan.

Registration for classes will take place via WebAdvisor on your registration date. It is mandatory that you communicate to Veterans Services any changes in your enrollment after you have received your benefits. If you were eligible for priority registration and missed registration, you will need to register for classes on your regular assigned date.

Once you have your signed Student Educational Plan and have registered for your classes, Veteran students are required to turn in a Statement of Responsibility form. The Statement of Responsibility form must be submitted every semester after enrolling in classes. After MVC has submitted your certification, you will receive a confirmation email to your RCCD Student Email address and it may take up to 4-6 weeks to receive your benefits from the VA. If you do not receive your benefits within this time, please contact the VA office at 1(877)823-2378 or visit their website at and sign up for e-Benefits for payment information.

If you have not received your GI Bill benefits please see Veterans Services as Moreno Valley College offers a deferral of payment for VA students. (NOTE: VA does not cover optional fees for Chapter 33/33TR benefit users, check your WebAdvisor for outstanding fees).

Students receiving chapter 30, 1606, 1607, and VRAP benefits must verify their enrollment monthly by Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) at All other VA students are strongly encouraged to check the website for any information.


Tips for being a Successful Student at Moreno Valley College:

  • Attend your classes and begin making progress toward your academic goals! - Meet each semester with an academic counselor to be sure that you are enrolling and successfully completing the VA approved courses that are required to complete your educational goal
  • Keep copies of all forms for your records
  • Keep your RCCD email activated and always check it for important information and updates




If you have any questions, please contact us today!