High School Senior Scholarship Information
RCCD Foundation Scholarships
Riverside Community College District (RCCD) offers scholarships for High School Seniors planning to attend Moreno Valley College (MVC), Norco College (NC) or Riverside City College (RCC) during each academic year.
Qualifications for scholarships vary, such as financial need, academic performance, your selected major or academic program, career goal, club or volunteer and community involvement, etc. To receive a scholarship, you must complete the scholarship application and go through the eligibility and selection process. Scholarships are usually awarded to the student(s) who best fit the criteria as established by the donor or organization providing the scholarship funds.
The 2022-23 application for RCCD Foundation Scholarships for current High School Seniors will be open: January 1 – April 30, 2022.
How to Apply
To apply for RCCD Scholarships for High School Seniors, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Read all information regarding applying for scholarships on the Financial Aid webpage for your chosen college. Be sure to follow all directions exactly.
- Important: Apply for admission to Moreno Valley College, Norco College or Riverside City College and activate your student email address. Then, email Olayide Coston at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and college student ID number. You will receive a return email to let you know when you can log-in to apply for scholarships.
- Complete the online scholarship application: Once you have received an email that you can begin the application process, go to the Financial Aid page at the MVC, NC or RCC website, select Scholarship Information and click on Apply for RCCD Scholarships.
- You will be asked to enter your student email address and create a password. The scholarship application system will send an email to confirm your identity. Click on the link in the email to sign in to create and submit your scholarship application and any required documents.
- After you create a log-in account at the scholarship application site, the first page you are directed to will be the scholarship general application. Be sure to answer all questions completely and accurately (also see the information about the personal essay questionnaire below). Your answers will help determine your eligibility for each scholarship. For some of the questions there may be help text included if you hover on the question.
- You will be automatically matched to scholarships for which you meet the criteria.
- Once you are matched to scholarships, you will need to click on the name of the scholarship and complete additional questions. You will also be asked to upload an unofficial copy of your high school transcript.
- Be sure to click the "Save" or "Submit" buttons at the bottom of the scholarship application each time you make any additions or changes. You will have up to the deadline to finish all revisions to your application. Be sure to log in now and then for any messages from the system that need your attention. You will see important information in the message bar at the top of your page.
- Ask at least one qualified person to complete a Scholarship Recommendation Questionnaire.
- The recommendation needs to be completed by an individual who can attest to your current academic strength and potential for success.
- Ask the person who will provide the recommendation for their email address.
- During the application process, you will be asked to enter the email address of the individual who will provide the recommendation. That individual will receive an email from the Scholarship Application service and then they will log in to complete a recommendation questionnaire. You will not be able to see the recommendation, but you will know if the recommendation has been completed. Only the reviewing committee will have access to the recommendation.
- Please be sure to request your recommendations early!
- Optional: Additional Scholarship Recommendations (only one is required but you can have up to three).
- Complete the personal essay questionnaire: Part of the RCCD scholarship application requires you to answer scholarship essay questions which are an important part of your application. The answers to these questions will help those reviewing your application gain a better understanding of you as a student and individual. Tip: Compose the answers to the essay questions outside of the scholarship application, then cut and paste the answers into your application. In the questionnaire, you will be asked to address the following questions:
- Please briefly introduce yourself to the scholarship reviewing committee. (150 words or less, or about 12 lines of text)
- What are your career goals and your educational plan to meet these goals? Tell us about why you have selected your current major and career goal and any life experiences which may have influenced this decision. Also tell us about your anticipated role in society after your career goal has been achieved. (200 words or less, or about 15 lines of text)
- Do you have any activities, volunteerism, interests or responsibilities that you are involved with? Tell us about any accomplishments or achievements that you are proud of. (200 words or less, or about 15 lines of text)
- Have you had any challenges or life-changing experiences you would like the scholarship committee or donor to know about? What have you learned from these experiences? Also, tell us about any unusual circumstances which may affect your current financial situation. (250 words or less, or about 18 lines of text)
For further assistance with scholarships, please contact us.