Would you like to work for MVC as a Student Employee?
The Student Employment Program helps students earn money to pay for educational expenses by working part time (up to 20 hours per week) while learning transferable job skills. Benefits include:
- Flexible work schedule that works around classes
- Build up resume experience and enhance marketability
- Earn money while gaining work experience
Students can apply to work at a variety of jobs on campus pending their eligibility for the Student Employment Program. Students may be eligible for one or all of the programs available which include Federal Work Study (FWS), Department-Funded/Special Projects, and CalWORKs Work Study.
|Federal Work Study
The U.S. Department of Education awards the school a certain amount of funding each year to allow students to supplement their education costs. Students eligible for Federal Work Study may be awarded up to $4,000.00 per fiscal year. To be eligible for FWS students are required to:
Earnings for District positions are paid from a department’s budget and do not require the completion of the FAFSA. To be eligible to work for District funded positions, students are required to:
The CalWORK’s Work Study program connects eligible students to part-time jobs on and off-campus. To be eligible to work for CalWork’s Study, students are required to:
For more information, visit the CalWorks site or call (951) 571-6154.
PLEASE NOTE: You must work at the college listed on your admissions application for all positions.
NOTE: Students who DO not have access to a computer or online resources, may access computers in the MVC Library or in the lobby of Student Employment and Admissions and Records.
PLEASE NOTE: Federal Work Study positions use school code 041735
on your FAFSA application
Student Employment Application Process
- If you meet requirements and would like to apply for an open position, download "How to Apply" instructionspdf
- Departments that are hiring will be posted online, see the Job Openings site.
NOTE: if Moreno Valley is your home campus, please only apply for positions marked MVC or DISTRICT.
If there is a specific department you would like to work for but do not see listed online, you may inquire with the department to see if they are hiring.
- You can apply for as many positions as you like or are qualified for.
- Once your application is submitted online, the hiring department/site will screen applications.
- You will need to follow up with your application status by signing into the Job Openings site and check the status of your application. If you would like to follow up in person, you may contact the department/site or hiring supervisor.
- If you are selected to be interviewed, the department supervisor will contact you. If the department offers you the position, you will fill out a hire packet with the hiring department and/or Supervisor. You can review the checklists here to see what information will be requested at the time of the interview. (Hint: come prepared to your interview to expedite the hiring process):
- The supervisor submits your hire packet for review and approval to the Student Employment office (this process can take 7-10 days if there are no erros and the packet is complete).
- If approved for hire, you and the department Supervisor will receive a written approval from Student Employment and the hiring supervisor will contact you with a start date.
NOTE: Depending on your browser, you might need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) in order to access the PDF forms. Try downloading the forms first.
If you have any questions, please contact us.