Why Join FYE?
The First-Year Experience (FYE) Program, as part of the Student Equity Plan at Moreno Valley College, integrates academic enrichment and student support services to enable students in pre-college or college-level courses to complete successfully the transition from high school to college.
FYE Program Offers Students the Following:
- A Summer Bridge program designed to jump-start your academic success, awareness of college resources and personal factors that contribute to success.
- PRIORITY REGISTRATION for the fall, winter, and spring semester of the first year.
- One-on-one counseling appointments and educational planning.
- Student success peer leader support
- Special activities and events throughout the year.
Who is Eligible to Join FYE?
If students are interested in FYE, they must meet the following requirements:
- Have a high school diploma/GED OR have reached the age of 18 by June 2019
- New first time college students (never attended college before)
- Will commit to be a full-time student during the fall and spring semester (must enroll in English and math courses)
- Will commit to the program and requirements for the entire year
- Participate in the MVC Summer Bridge Program