Steps to Enroll
If students are interested in FYE, they must meet the following requirements:
- Be a recent high school graduate from the Moreno Valley or Val Verde unified school districts, Perris High School, or Orange Vista High School
- Have a high school diploma/GED OR have reached the age of 18 by June of the year you wish to enroll
- New first time college students (never attended college before)
- Complete the MVC Application and select summer as the term.
- Apply for Financial Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov. MVC's school code is 041735.
- Complete orientation and counseling
- Orientation: Schedule an orientation appointment online through the Assessment Center. Your orientation appointment includes a meeting with a counselor to complete a first semester Student Educational Plan. Not able to make an in-person orientation? An online orientation is available through WebAdvisor.
- Counseling: Complete a first semester or comprehensive Student Education Plan by seeing a counselor or online via WebAdvisor.
- Priority deadline: Monday, March 2
Complete the steps above so you won't miss out on this special opportunity. Check your email for your invitation and confirmation to the First-Year Experience program (after April 1). Your next step will be to attend a Student/Parent MVC Summer Bridge orientation. Space is limited!