Read updates and instructions for online CalWORKs services »
The MVC campus and CalWORKS office is closed to students. In-person workshops are cancelled until further notice. CalWORKs still offers online services.
Submit current Proof of Cash Aid for summer term NOW to continue receiving services!
The effective date on your Proof of Cash Aid should be no earlier that June 22, 2020 (first day of summer term). Acceptable documents include: Passport to Services, Welfare to Work Contract, Notice of Action, Letter from GAIN worker. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence." Unknown
CalWORKs will help you achieve self-sufficiency through employment and education. If you are a TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) recipient with minor children, and attending or planning to attend Moreno Valley College, you may be eligible to receive special support services.
MVC's CalWORKs support services include counseling, priority registration, job search and resume assistance, resource referrals, and intensive joint case management with the county GAIN program.
Access CalWORKs Services Online
The Riverside Community College District (RCCD) - Moreno Valley College has suspended face-to-face instruction following the Riverside County Public Health officials order to reduce the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
All in-person lectures, labs, meetings and events are suspended and in-person lectures will be held in an online learning environment starting Monday, March 23.
During the time the CalWORKS office at MVC is closed, we will be available to assist you using an online format. Please note the following procedures, which are subject to change, and check your student email and the CalWORKS website regularly.
You may contact us by phone and leave a voicemail at (951) 571-6154 or leave us an email.
Fill out the necessary forms and prepare a digital copy of your class schedule. Attach the class schedule document along with the completed forms from our website and send to Nicole LeDuff (Nicole.Leduff@mvc.edu).
Your attendance forms will then be sent via email to the GAIN office. Your GAIN office has been notified of our closure. Online courses are academically equivalent to on-campus courses and require the same number of hours in attendance per week. If you need a completed Online Study Form form, email email@example.com with your request with your full name and Student ID.
How to print your class schedule:*
- Open your schedule in WebAdvisor
- Go to Print option
- Change to PDF and Save a Copy
- Click Print
*Do not add this document as a photo pasted inside of your email. We are unable to obtain your document this way.
A CalWORKS counselor will be available for individual counseling appointments (scheduled and drop-in appointments) during normal business hours starting March 23 using Zoom, a free Video/Audio conferencing application. To prepare, make sure Zoom is installed on your computer.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an online appointment, for general questions about the CalWORKS program, or if you require an appointment outside of business hours.
CalWORKs workshops are open to ALL MVC students. Contact the CalWORKs office to reserve your spot or if you have questions.
No current workshops or events are planned.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Online Resources and Student Services
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Food Pantry and Meal Assistance
- Laptop Loans
- Affordable Internet Service
Please contact the CalWORKs program via email or leave a voicemail at this time.
To get started or if you have any questions, please contact us at:
Leave a voicemail at (951) 571-6154
Monday - Thursday: 9 am - 3:30 pm
- CalWORKs students must provide valid proof that YOU receive cash aid FOR YOURSELF each semester to receive: Attendance Verification, Student Educational Plans (SEP), Priority Registration, Referrals to Work Study, Assistance with Books, Counseling Appointments and all other services.
- We have limited services available to post-employment students, those students who stopped receiving cash aid within the last two years and are currently employed through unsubsidized employment. Proof of the date of termination or case closure and current employment are required. Proof of cash aid or post-employment is required before any services can be provided.
- The following are examples of valid (acceptable) documentation:
- Welfare to work Plan (GAIN contract)
- Letter from GAIN worker
- Notice of Action (NOA) stating your name and the type of aid received (CalWORKs Student, Cash Aid/Medical)
- Passport to Services
NOTE: Proof of Cash Aid must be submitted each semester and must be dated or stamped with the County timestamp within the semester you are verifying.
Current and Former Foster Youth
MVC has expanded services to Current & Former Foster Youth. Please visit the Foster Youth Support Services program page to learn more.
|SERVICES AVAILABLE||CALWORKS WORK STUDY|
Moreno Valley College teams up with employers to provide subsidized job training, for the CalWORKs work study program, to eligible students. This program benefits employers as well as students to be eligible students are required to:
- Raise Your GPA
- @LIKE Linking Innovation Knowledge Employment: Need help getting your HS diploma, GED, job?
- CalWorks Vehicle Policypdf
- EBT Surcharge-Free ATMspdf
- Riverside University Health Systems – Behavioral Health Prevention and Early Intervention Virtual Services during COVIDpdf
- GAIN Forms:
- Time Management for Studentspdf
- Secured Credit Cards: Low Credit and No Credit Finance Options
- Student Credit Cards: The Best Cards and How to Handle Them Responsibly
- RCCD's Academic Calendar
- Black History Month - Spring 2015pdf
- Black History Month - Spring 2014pdf
- Black History Month - Spring 2012pdf