Back to Top
My Portal  |   Canvas  |   Distance Education  |   A - Z Index  |   Directory  |   People   Disability Accommodation Resources


CalWORKs Live

Virtual CalWORKs Office

We miss you! The CalWORKS/Workforce Preparation office is live on Zoom, ready to help answer questions about application, registration, attendance and GAIN coordination. We can help you figure out anything you have going on at MVC. When you need to talk to someone, join us on Zoom by computer or phone. We are here to help.

Monday: 11 am - 3:30 pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 9 am - 3:30 pm
Friday: 9 am - 1:30 pm

Click to join or call (669) 900-6833 and input 950 6516 8618 as the meeting ID.

"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence." Unknown

CalWORKs will help you achieve self-sufficiency through employment and education. CalWORKs support services include counseling, priority registration, job search and resume assistance, resource referrals, and intensive joint case management with the county GAIN program.

If you are a TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) recipient with minor children, and attending or planning to attend Moreno Valley College, you may be eligible to receive special support services.

Learn more about us: Myths & Facts about CalWorks. For more information, contact us today!


Apply  Online Services  Workshops  Contact Us

CalWORKs SEP Request 


Apply to the CalWORKs Program

To apply for the CalWORKS program, complete the application pdf and return by email to Please include current Proof of Cash Aid and your current class schedule in the email to complete your CalWORKS application.


Access CalWORKs Services Online

Learn how to get a loaner laptop for your online classes

Moreno Valley College has suspended most face-to-face instruction following the Riverside County Public Health officials order to reduce the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Lectures are held in an online format. Select labs are be held in-person with strict social distancing requirements.

While the physical MVC CalWORKS office is closed, we are available to assist you online. Please note the following procedures, which are subject to change, and check your student email and the CalWORKS website regularly.

You may contact us by phone and leave a voicemail at (951) 571-6154 or leave us an email.

Attendance Requirements

Fill out the necessary forms and prepare a digital copy of your class schedule. Attach the class schedule document along with the completed forms from our website and send to

Your attendance forms will then be sent via email to your GAIN office.

Online courses are academically equivalent to on-campus courses and require the same number of hours in attendance per week. If you need a completed Online Study Form form, email Include your full name and student ID number.

Gain Forms:

How to print your class schedule:*

  1. Open your schedule in WebAdvisor
  2. Go to Print option
  3. Change to PDF and Save a Copy
  4. Click Print

*Do not add this document as a photo pasted inside of your email. We are unable to obtain your document this way.

Online Counseling

A CalWORKS counselor is available for individual counseling appointments (scheduled and drop-in appointments) during normal business hours or evening hours by appointment. Counseling appointments may be done via phone or Zoom, a free Video/Audio conferencing application. To prepare, make sure Zoom is installed on your computer prior to your appointment.

You may request an appointment by emailing or leaving a voicemail on our office number (951) 571-6154. Please include your full name and student ID number on emails or voicemail messages.



You must sign-up for all workshops. Email, visit our CalWORKs Live office, or leave a voicemail at (951) 571-6154. Include your Name, Student ID, and Name of Workshop. The Zoom link will be provided upon registration.

Roadmap to Financial Freedom
April 29
3 - 4 pm
Via Zoom

Zoom link will be provided when registering.

Co-hosted by, this workshop helps you take the first steps on your journey to financial freedom with through the use of a debt management plan to consolidate and pay back unsecured debt. All MVC students are welcome to attend.

$25 Gas Cards Are Given for Transportation Assistance for Attending A Workshop: Eligible CalWORKs students will receive a $25 Arco Gas Card for attending a workshop (must attend the entire workshop). Eligibility requirements are: Current proof of cash aid, currently enrolled in at least 1 unit at MVC, have an unmet financial need. Gas Cards will be distributed at the next CalWORKs Drive-Up event on MVC campus in April 2021. You will be notified of the date via email once it is scheduled.


Important CalWORKs Information

Services Offered by CalWORKs

  • Financial aid, academic, personal, and career counseling
  • Official college student educational plans (SEP)
  • Financial Aid and GAIN approved SEP
  • Priority registration
  • Book loan
  • Computer lab with internet/printing capability
  • Direct referrals to EOPS/CARE
  • Work study and job placement
  • Career pathway planning and linkages to labor market
  • Intensive case management
  • Educational and occupational assessments
  • Assistance with meeting the 20/35 hours of work to meet County compliance requirements
  • Coordination and advocacy on- and off-campus
  • Referrals to campus and community resources

CalWORKs Work Study

Moreno Valley College teams up with employers to provide subsidized job training, for the CalWORKs work study program, to eligible students. This program benefits employers as well as students to be eligible students are required to:

  • Provide a current Welfare to Work (WTW) GAIN contract
  • Maintain enrollment in 1.0 or more units each semester
  • Maintain a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA
  • Maintain eligibility for the CalWORKs program
  • Receive CalWORKs (cash aid) through a county Welfare department in California
  • Attend monthly career related workshops

Current Proof of Cash Aid

CalWORKs students must provide valid proof that YOU receive cash aid FOR YOURSELF each semester to receive: Attendance Verification, Student Educational Plans (SEP), Priority Registration, Referrals to Work Study, Assistance with Books, Counseling Appointments and all other services.

  • The following are examples of valid (acceptable) documentation:
    1. Welfare to work Plan (GAIN contract)
    2. Letter from GAIN worker
    3. Notice of Action (NOA) stating your name and the type of aid received (CalWORKs Student, Cash Aid/Medical)
    4. Passport to Services

NOTE: Proof of Cash Aid must be submitted each semester and must be dated or stamped with the County timestamp within the semester you are verifying.

Services for Post-Employment Students

We have limited services available to post-employment students, those students who stopped receiving cash aid within the last two years and are currently employed through unsubsidized employment. Proof of the date of termination or case closure and current employment are required. Proof of cash aid or post-employment is required before any services can be provided.

Services for Current and Former Foster Youth

MVC has expanded services to Current & Former Foster Youth. Please visit the Guardian Scholars Foster Youth program page to learn more.


Contact Us

Phone Number:

Leave a voicemail: (951) 571-6154
Virtual Office: (669) 900-6833, input meeting ID: 950 6516 8618


Monday: 11 am - 3:30 pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 9 am - 3:30 pm
Friday: 9 am - 1:30 pm


Email the CalWORKs Program (

CalWORKs Staff:


  • CalWorks
  • CalWorks
  • CalWorks
  • CalWorks
  • CalWorks




How to install MS Office

Resources Information  Money


Click for more information about CA benefits!

Public Benefits Clinic is available to help you make ends meet at (916) 934-2202  Public Benefits Clinic is available to help you make ends meet at (916) 934-2202  Public Benefits Clinic is available to help you make ends meet at (916) 934-2202  Public Benefits Clinic is available to help you make ends meet at (916) 934-2202


Past Events