Get help online!
Access MVC's student hubs, Student Services Live and Counseling Live, for same-day drop-in help or make an appointment with a counselor. All services are available remotely over Zoom.
Have questions? Reach the counseling office by phone or email.
College can be stressful and confusing. The counseling staff and faculty at Moreno Valley College are here to help you reach your academic goals. Our dedicated team of academic counselors offer a range of college and career planning services.
Have a quick question about registration?
Student Services Live! helps you with your registration and student services needs. Join members of the Admissions and Records, Assessment, and Financial Aid teams for online assistance during the week.
- Get help registering for classes, resetting student emails, and account holds
- Information about account holds
- FAFSA application assistance
- Information about your financial aid status
- Assistance with understanding placement results
- Help getting answers to general college questions
Need to see a counselor right away?
Counseling Live connects you over Zoom with a counselor on a same day basis without needing an appointment.
- Academic/career counseling and course selection
- Dates and deadlines
- Add/Drop classes and consequences
- Opting into credit and no-credit grading
- Matriculation appeal petition and prerequisite validation
- Developing/updating student educational plans
- Transfer, certificate, associate, and/or graduation requirements
- Readmit contracts
Winter 2021 hours:
- Monday - Thursday: 9 am - 3 pm
- Friday (CTE Counseling) : 9 am - 12 pm
- Counseling Live may close at an earlier time if the number of students exceeds availability of counselors for the day.
Need to see a counselor for a longer conversation?
To schedule an appointment with a counselor, you must have a student id number issued by the Riverside Community College District. Moreno Valley College must be selected as your home college.
The following scheduling options are available:
- By Phone or Email: Contact us to schedule over the phone or by email.
- Important Online: Counseling Services' appointment system is currently being redesigned. Appointments must be made via phone, text or email (see above).
- Drop-in: See a counselor without an appointment on a limited basis through Counseling Live!
How to Get Counseling
Why see a counselor?
Counselors can provide guidance on matters such as:
- What can I do with a major in...?
- Career counseling
- Creating or updating a Comprehensive Educational Plan
- Graduation and transfer requirements
- Associate degree and certificate requirements
- Review of current course work in relation to your program of study
Check-in: If you have scheduled an appointment, check in by logging onto your Zoom meeting a few minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
Late/No show/Cancellation policy: Students who do not show or are 10 minutes late will be marked as "NO SHOW" on their appointment record. After three missed appointments (NO SHOWS) you will be required to meet with the Vice President, Student Services before being able to schedule an appointment.
If you are unable to keep an appointment, it is your responsibility to cancel the appointment and give us 1 hour advance notice by texting, emailing or leaving a voicemail.
Counseling and advising appointments are currently conducted online through Zoom, a free online meeting service. You do not need a Zoom account to make an appointment. A meeting link will be generated for you. You can find your current educational plans in EduNav.
Text: (951) 888-1414
Leave a Voicemail: (951) 571-6104
Counseling Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 8 am - 5 pm
Friday: 8 am - 2 pm
Counseling office hours differ from counseling service times.
Counseling Live Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 9 am - 3 pm
Friday (CTE Counseling): 9 am - 12 pm
Counseling Live may close at an earlier time if the number of students exceeds availability of counselors for the day.
Student Services, room 301
Please note in-person counseling is not available. All counseling is conducted online.