Get help online!
Access MVC's student hubs, Student Services Live and Counseling Live, for same-day drop-in help or make an online appointment with a counselor. All services are available remotely over Zoom.
Have questions? Reach the counseling office by phone or email.
College can be stressful and confusing. The counseling staff and faculty at Moreno Valley College are here to help you reach your academic goals. Our dedicated team of academic counselors offer a range of college and career planning services.
Why see a counselor?
Counselors can provide guidance on matters such as:
- What can I do with a major in...?
- Career counseling
- Creating or updating a Comprehensive Educational Plan
- Graduation and transfer requirements
- Associate degree and certificate requirements
- Review of current course work in relation to your program of study
Student Services Live
Student Services Live! helps you with your registration and student services needs. Join members of the Admissions and Records, Assessment, and Financial Aid teams for assistance during the week, online, through Zoom.
- Get help registering for classes, resetting student emails, and account holds
- Information about account holds
- FAFSA application assistance
- Information about your financial aid status
- Assistance with understanding placement results
- Help getting answers to general college questions
Open Counseling with Counseling Live
Counseling Live connects you over Zoom with a counselor on a same day basis without needing an appointment. Counseling Live is first-come, first-served for comprehensive counseling needs.
- Academic/career counseling and course selection
- Dates and deadlines
- Add/Drop classes and consequences
- Opting into credit and no-credit grading
- Matriculation appeal petition and prerequisite validation
- Developing/updating student educational plans
- Transfer, certificate, associate, and/or graduation requirements
- Readmit contracts
- Drop-in financial aid counseling on Mondays
Schedule a Counseling Appointment
To schedule an appointment with a counselor, you must have a student id number issued by the Riverside Community College District. Moreno Valley College must be selected as your home college.
The following scheduling options are available:
- By Phone or Email: Contact us to schedule over the phone or by email.
- Online: Book an appointment through our online scheduling system.
- Drop-in: See a counselor without an appointment on a limited basis through Counseling Live!
How to Get Counseling
Check-in: If you have scheduled an appointment, check in at the front counter of the Student Services Building, Room 301 at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. If you have scheduled an appointment with Ms. Murell, Dr. Orr or Ms. Trejo, check in within the Humanities Building, Room 104. Bring photo identification.
Late/No show/Cancellation policy: If you check in more than 10 minutes late, your appointment will be cancelled. Students who do not show or are 10 minutes late will be marked as "NO SHOW" on their appointment record. After three missed appointments (NO SHOWS) you will be required to meet with the Vice President, Student Services before being able to schedule an appointment.
If you are unable to keep an appointment, it is your responsibility to cancel the appointment and give us a 1 hour advance notice by calling (951) 571-6104 or stopping by the Counseling department.
Counseling and advising appointments are currently conducted online through Zoom, a free online meeting service. You do not need a Zoom account to make an appointment. A meeting link will be generated for you. You can find your current educational plans in EduNav.
Call: (951) 571-6104
Text: (951) 888-1414
Counseling Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 8 am - 5 pm
Friday: 8 am - 2 pm
* Open counseling may close at an earlier time if needed due to the amount of students present.
* Counseling office hours may differ from counseling service times. Call in advance to inquire about counseling service times.
Tuesday and Wednesday: 5 - 8 pm
By Appointment Only
Student Services, room 301
Please note in-person counseling is not available. All counseling is conducted online.
* NOTE: Information is for reference and is subject to change without notice