Welcome MVC Mountain Lion to Assessment and Orientation Services!
Assessment and Orientation Services at Moreno Valley College and Ben Clark Training Center are here to help first-time college students make a successful transition to college by completing all or some of the college matriculation process: orientation, assessment, counseling and registration. The overall goal is to assist students from entry, to their first days of class, and beyond.
Support and Services
There are two ways students can complete their orientation:
- Attend a self-guided online orientation: Walk through the student orientation at your own pace. You must log in with your name and student ID number to receive credit for your online orientation.
- Attend an digital online orientation via Zoom: Meet with Assessment staff to assist you in completing your orientation, complete your first semester education plan and meet with an educational advisor. If your registration date has passed, we can even help you register for your next semester!
With California Assembly Bill AB 705 colleges are required to take into account high school coursework, high school grades, and high school grade point average when determining math and English placement upon enrollment.
Your English and math placements are already completed if you are:
- First time College Student
- High school graduating senior
- Graduated high school within the last 10 years
Login to your WebAdvisor to view your placements!
Please note: If you do not have placements on file, complete the assessment survey.
Your next steps depend on your student status.
- If you are a first time student, you must complete an Orientation and Counseling session. Please see our Calendar to make an appointment.
- If you are a transfer student or a current/returning student, visit the Admissions & Records site to learn about submitting transcripts and transferring to Moreno Valley College.
- If you are interested in concurrent studies while in high school, visit the High School Concurrent Enrollment page.
Benefits of Participating in Orientation Services
- Attend extended college orientation presentation given by staff
- Complete Abbreviated Student Educational Plan with a counselor in person
- Have questions about assessment and placement answered
- Receive one-on-one guided assistance from college staff
- Receive one-on-one assistance in navigating the course registration process
Additional Services and Tests
We also offer the following exams and tests:
Moreno Valley College is constantly striving to meet the needs of our students and community and ask for your feedback in regards to the language translator widget provided above. Send us your feedback!