Welcome MVC Mountain Lion to Assessment and Orientation Services!
Assessment and Orientation Services at Moreno Valley College and Ben Clark Training Center are here to help first-time college students make a successful transition to college by completing all or some of the college matriculation process: orientation, assessment, counseling and registration. The overall goal is to assist students from entry, to their first days of class, and beyond.
Student Services Live
Student Services Live! helps you with your registration and student services needs. Join members of the Admissions and Records, Assessment, and Financial Aid teams for assistance during the week, online, through Zoom.
- Get help registering for classes, resetting student emails, and account holds
- Information about account holds
- FAFSA application assistance
- Information about your financial aid status
- Assistance with understanding placement results
- Help getting answers to general college questions
Support and Services
Students can complete their college orientation online at your own pace.
- Attend a self-guided online orientation: Walk through the student orientation at your own pace. You must log in with your name and student ID number to receive credit for your online orientation.
With California Assembly Bill AB 705 colleges are required to take into account high school coursework, high school grades, and high school grade point average when determining math and English placement upon enrollment.
Your English and math placements are already completed if you are:
- First time College Student
- High school graduating senior
- Graduated high school within the last 10 years
Log in to your WebAdvisor to view your placements!
Please note: If you do not have placements on file, complete the assessment survey.
Your next steps depend on your student status.
- If you are a first time student, you must complete an Orientation and Counseling session. Get help online through Student Service Live or Counseling Live.
- If you are a transfer student or a current/returning student, visit the Admissions & Records site to learn about submitting transcripts and transferring to Moreno Valley College.
- If you are interested in concurrent studies while in high school, visit the High School Concurrent Enrollment page.
Benefits of Participating in Orientation Services
- Attend extended college orientation presentation given by staff
- Complete Abbreviated Student Educational Plan with a counselor in person
- Have questions about assessment and placement answered
- Receive one-on-one guided assistance from college staff
- Receive one-on-one assistance in navigating the course registration process
Additional Services and Tests
We also offer the following exams and tests:
- Chemistry Diagnostic
- Spanish Language Exam
- Students seeking placement in ESL are recommended to speak with a counselor first. To make an appointment with a counselor please contact your engagement center. Students wishing to do the ESL survey on their own can do so through their MyPortal. Log in, click Academic Planning, and select the ESL survey. Results will be reflected on your student record in 1 to 2 business days.