About Student Government
Getting involved in student government...
- Is a way for students to meet new people, create life-long friendships, and create new experiences
- Will help students learn a number of leadership skills that will benefit them in the future
- Looks great on transcripts and will set students apart from the "mainstream" when applying to transfer
- Provides Students Government officers with early opportunity to possibly register for classes
- A 2.0 overall GPA
- Currently holding 6 units or more at MVC
- A great attitude and a willingness to get involved!
Student Government Branches
- Board of Commissioners (BOC), for students that like to plan special events and activities for the entire student population and community
- Multi-Cultural Advisory Council (MCAC) for those students that want to be involved in multi-cultural activities and education
- Student Senate is a more serious branch of Student Government, charged with, among other things, handling and allocating over $150,000.00 in funds for recognized clubs and organizations on campus
- The Supreme Court is for students looking into the legal system as a future career
- Inter-Club Council (ICC) is for club members to represent their clubs and to advertise their club activities