Associated Students (ASMVC)
The Associated Students of Moreno Valley College (ASMVC) are dedicated to providing all students with opportunities to develop leadership skills through participation in student government, campus clubs and organizations and co-curricular programs. We offer a number of ways to become involved on campus and in the community.
Get involved in ASMVC and Student Government!
Are you interested in serving as a voice and an advocate for students at Moreno Valley College, working to address issues on campus, and plan virtual events and activities for the student body?
Getting involved with ASMVC is simple: you simply need to apply. Why? Because your voice matters and you have the ability to make an impact on your community, better the college experiences of yourself and your friends, and because student leadership shapes Moreno Valley College into an institution where everyone counts.
- A 2.0 overall GPA
- Currently holding 6 units or more at MVC
- A great attitude and a willingness to get involved!
ASMVC's Impact During COVID-19
Even as students are isolated from campus, ASMVC is working to connect the College's student body through virtual events, activities, COVID-19 relief efforts and creating a supportive and engaged environment. However, we need YOUR help and involvement making this happen, as community is more important now than ever.
ASMVC continues to offer students who pay their student services fee numerous benefits and has supported students, created activities, and worked hard to bring our campus community together virtually with the help of hard working students. Learn more about MVC student benefits or become an ASMVC representative.
Virtual ASMVC Events
Get fit, learn more and socialize with ASMVC through virtual events. Most events also come with an opportunity to win eGift cards for students with paid student services fees that register in advance. All events are free.
- Tuesday, March 9
- 12:15 pm: Mtn Lion Fitness Day - Zumba
- 12:50 pm: Common Ground Town Hall
- Friday, March 11
- 12:50 pm: Club Rush
- Tuesday, March 16
- 12:15 pm: Mtn Lion Fitness Day - Tik Tok Fitness
- 12:50 pm: College Birthday Celebration
- Thursday, March 18
- 12:50 pm: Women's Herstory Celebration
- Tuesday, March 23
- 12:15 pm: Mtn Lion Fitness Day - Vinyasa Yoga
- Tuesday, March 30
- 12:15 pm: Mtn Lion Fitness Day - Cardio-Sculp
- 3 pm: Cesar Chavez Scholarship Award Ceremony
ASMVC News: Students get unlimited rides with RTA using mobile Go-Pass!
MVC students registered in one or more units can ride anywhere RTA travels using your mobile Go-Pass! Travel on RTA begins the first day of the term for registered students; registering after the term begins will delay bus riding privileges.
When you register for classes, be sure to provide your mobile phone number. Then one week before classes start, you'll receive a text message or email with instructions on downloading your free mobile pass. After that, simply validate your mobile pass whenever you board and enjoy the ride. Student ID cards will no longer be accepted.
For more information about the program, visit the RTA Go-Pass website.
Student Government Branches
- The Board of Commissioners (BOC) is ideal for students that like to plan special events and activities for the entire student population and community.
- The Multi-Cultural Advisory Council (MCAC) ensures students can be involved in multi-cultural activities and education.
- The Student Senate is charged with, among other things, handling and allocating over $150,000 in funds for recognized campus clubs and organizations.
- The Supreme Court is for students looking into the legal system as a future career.
- The Inter-Club Council (ICC) is for club members to represent their clubs and to advertise their club activities.
Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays: 8 am - 6 pm
Wednesdays: 12 - 4 pm
Student Activities Center (see map)