Back to Top
A - Z Index  |   Canvas  |   Directory  |   Email  |   My Portal  |   People |    SSO     Disability Accommodation Resources

Welcome to Articulation at MVC

Articulation, for the purposes of student transfer between campuses, refers specifically to "course articulation" which is the process of developing a formal, written agreement that identifies courses (or sequences of courses) from Riverside Community College District that are comparable to, or acceptable in lieu of, specific course requirements at a four-year university.

An articulation agreement is an agreement with a four-year university that specifies which Riverside Community College District classes may be transferred to meet general education, major requirement and electives. These agreements, maintained by the Articulation Officer, facilitate the successful transfer of students from RCCD to baccalaureate level colleges and universities.



ASSIST is an online student-transfer information system that shows how course credits earned at one public California college or university can be applied when transferred to another. ASSIST is the official repository of articulation for California's public colleges and universities and provides the most accurate and up-to-date information about student transfer in California.

The website allows students to look up major requirements from any California community college to any of the University of California (UC) campuses or California State University (CSU) campuses. In addition, the website is a great resource for students interested in finding out about a specific major, searching for majors that interest you, or exploring majors available at university campuses in California.


Associate Degrees for Transfer

California Community Colleges offer associate degrees for transfer to the Calfornia State University (CSU) system. These may include Associate in Arts (AA-T) or Associate in Science (AS-T) degrees. These degrees are designed to provide a clear pathway to a CSU major and baccalaureate degree.

California Community College students who are awarded an AA-T or AS-T degree are guaranteed admission with junior standing somewhere in the CSU system and given priority admission consideration (usually through a slight GPA bump) to their local CSU campus or to a program that is deemed similar to their community college major. This priority does not guarantee admission to a specific major or campus.

Students who have been awarded an AA-T or AS-T are able to complete their remaining requirements for the 120-unit baccalaureate degree within 60 semester or 90 quarter units. Not all CSU campuses accept all of the AA-T/AS-T degrees. To view the most current list of Moreno Valley College Associate Degrees for Transfer and to find out which CSU campuses accept each degree you should meet with a Moreno Valley College counselor and also visit the websites listed below.


Transfer Counseling

It is important to understand that the AA-T/AS-T degree is designed specifically for transfer and is different than other types of associate degrees offered at Moreno Valley College. If we do not offer an AA-T/AS-T degree for your major you can still transfer to a CSU. Moreno Valley College students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review their options for transfer and to develop an educational plan that best meets their goals and needs. Proper planning early is essential to make sure you meet all of the transfer requirements.


AA-T/AS-T Websites


AA-T/AS-T Degrees offered at Moreno Valley College

Please visit the Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADT) page for a complete list of degrees.


Associate Degree for Transfer

Contact Us

If you have any questions, please contact:



Jeanne Howard, Associate Professor Counseling

Phone number:

(951) 571-6326


Contact us today!