Information for Students
Moreno Valley College is investing in your success. Your first year of college tuition is free. Apply now!
The Moreno Valley College Promise is a commitment to help students complete their associate degree requirements, transfer requirements, and/or workforce certificate requirements in a timely and efficient manner.
Why should I join?
- One year of free course enrollment and related registration fees at Moreno Valley College (MVC) using a combination of possible state, federal and local funding resources
- Text book assistance (book vouchers) during the first year of enrollment
- Summer Bridge (extended orientation) program
- Priority registration to ensure 12-15 units per semester
- A Comprehensive Student Educational Plan (CSEP) that maps out classes from the first semester to the last, based on education and career goals
- During the first year, an assigned student success coach serves as a resource and provides structured support, enabling completion of degree and/or transfer units
- Connections with peers on similar paths and timelines
Who can apply?
- New, first-time college students that are 18 years or older, OR have a high school diploma/GED, or are recent graduates (class of 2020) can apply. Promise Initiative priority is given to students from MVC's partner school districts, Moreno Valley Unified and Val Verde Unified, and recent graduates from Perris and Orange Vista high schools.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Be 18 years of age or older OR have a high school diploma/GED OR be a graduating high school senior (class of 2020)
- New first time college student (never attended college before)
- Have a completed FAFSA or California Dream Act Application with Moreno Valley College school code listed (041735) on file (AB 540 students may be eligible for this program)
- Complete the Moreno Valley College summer 2020 online application and participate in MVC's First-Year Experience (FYE) Summer Bridge program
- Commit to enrolling as a full-time student throughout the year including enrollment in math and English courses
- Priority is given to graduates from any high school within the Moreno Valley Unified and Val Verde unified school districts as well as recent graduates from Perris and Orange Vista high schools
A completed MVC FYE Summer Bridge program application is required to be considered for acceptance and participation in the MVC Promise Initiative program commencing summer 2020 for the 2020-21 academic year.
How do I maintain eligibility?
If eligible for the Moreno Valley College Promise, you must attend an informational MVC First-Year Experience Summer Bridge orientation and complete a College Promise Agreement. This signifies your commitment to the program and your education, which includes developing a comprehensive educational plan, successfully completing a full-time course load, and maintaining a minimum 2.0 grade point average during your first year.
How do I apply?
Complete and submit a First Year Experience Summer Bridge program application.
What financial assistance does the MVC Promise provide?
The MVC Promise will cover up to $1,248.00 per semester:
- Enrollment Fee ($46/unit): $690
- Student Health Fee: $20
- Student Services Fee: $30
- Transportation Fee (RTA): $5.50
- Textbooks (varies): $250-500
The total amount of funding a student receives from the MVC Promise varies depending upon the financial aid for which the student is eligible. The MVC Promise will cover the costs that are not covered by financial aid.
For more information, please call the First-Year Experience office.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 9 am - 6 pm