MVC Outstanding Alumnus of the Year Award
The MVC Alumnus of the Year Award recognizes achievement of an exceptional nature in any field as well as continued contributions to the community and/or Moreno Valley College.
Nominating a friend, colleague, or fellow alumnus for the MVC Alumnus of the Year Award requires the following simple steps:
- A completed nomination form
- A statement of nomination detailing why the nominee should be considered for this award
The deadline to submit nominations is Saturday, August 31, 2019.
This award recognizes individuals who have attended Moreno Valley College and served the community in an exemplary manner. Individuals are recognized for:
- professional excellence in his/her respective field or profession,
- being an outstanding citizen,
- for serving as an excellent representative of the quality education provided by Moreno Valley College
Eligibility for the Alumnus of the Year Award is as follows:
- Candidates must have attended Moreno Valley College for at least two semesters or completed at least 24 units of study,
- At least five years have elapsed since graduation (or completion),
- A recipient may only receive the award once,
- The award is given to no more than one person annually
- The recipient must be present to accept the award at the President's Dinner on Thursday, October 3, 2019 at March Field Air Museum.
Nominations for the MVC Alumnus of the Year are reviewed by a committee of MVC leaders. Recommendations are forwarded to the President, who makes the final selection.
- Nominees should not be informed that they are under consideration since only one honoree is chosen each year.
- Nominations not selected for the current year's Alumnus of the Year Award will remain on file for three years for future consideration.