Guided Pathways Implementation
To address the varied challenges of implementing Guided Pathways, and though MVC has many examples in which Guided Pathways are scaling or in full-scale levels of adoption, MVC developed a workplan toward fully implementing the core tenats of Guided Pathways across the entirety of the college. The progress toward full adoption of Guided Pathways along MVC's developed roadmap will be documented below.
Moreno Valley College is in the process of planning and implementing Guided Pathways. This planning process has included four areas of focus:
- Degree and certificate mapping
- Connecting fields of interest/study to early career exploration
- College restructuring and growth
- Guided Pathways assessment and planing
To learn about how the Guided Pathways workgroup is identifying and addressing these areas, view the Guided Pathways Workgroup Comprehensive Summary below. Seven schools have been proposed to consolidate multiple fields of interest, as well as an explorer plan for students undecided but considering a field of interest.
- View Fall 2018 MVC Guided Pathways Comprehensive Summarypdf
- View 2019 MVC School Structure Surveypdf
Guided Pathways Workgroup
MVC's Guided Pathways Workgroup consists of a diverse collection of faculty, staff, students, and administration. This workgroup, and its various task forces, is exploring and planning the guided pathways implementation process, including the creation of academic schools, setting degree pathways, adding additional curriculae, and the introduction of various student-centric degree and course planning tools.
For a summary of current plans, progress, and ongoing initiatives, view the Guided Pathways Workgroup Comprehensive Summary for fall 2018.
The core workgroup provides direction and recommendations for the college's implementation of Guided Pathways as an operational workgroup with supporting taskforces under the direction of Vice President of Academic Affairs.
Guided Pathways Task Forces
The Guided Pathways project task forces identify and address the issues and processes related to specific areas on the student experience. MVC's Guided Pathways workgroup has five task forces:
- Onboarding and Career Exploration
- Professional Development
- Program Mapping
- Integrated Planning and Assessment Team
- Intersegmental Task Force
All documentation developed by MVC during Guided Pathways self-assessment, planning, and implementation can be found below. Files are in PDF format unless otherwise noted.
Self-Assessment and Planning
- Moreno Valley College Work Plan, Implementation Timeline, and Allocation Summary pdf
- Moreno Valley College Work Plan Summarypdf
- Key Performance Indicators Evaluation and First-Time College Student Demographicspdf
- Guided Pathways Workgroup Comprehensive Summary - Fall 2018pdf
Implementation and Progress
- Approved: MVC School Structurepdf
- Approved: MVC Fields of Interestpdf
- Draft: Student Success Team Rolespdf
- Survey Results: School Structure - Fall 2019pdf
Presentations and Meeting Slides
- 2018 Spring - Guided Pathways Academic Senate Presentation
- 2018 Spring - Guided Pathways Introduction
- 2018 Spring - Guided Pathways Kickoff Presentation
- 2018 Spring - Guided Pathways Open Forum
- 2019 Fall - Guided Pathways Momentum Points
- 2019 Fall - Guided Pathways Update
- 2019 Fall - Guided Pathways Workgroup
- 2020 Fall - Guided Pathways Update
- 2020 Spring - ASCCC Presents - Guided Pathways and Governance
- 2020 Spring - Guided Pathways Update