Faculty at Moreno Valley College
Login and Tools
Academic Senate and College Committees
The Moreno Valley College Academic Senate, composed of elected faculty representatives, makes recommendations to the College administration and to the Board of Trustees regarding academic and professional matters. Various subcommittees exist in an advisory capacity.
Faculty FLEX Information
Flex is short for Flexible Calendar Program. It allows faculty to be paid, as part of their assignment, for ongoing professional development. The MVC Faculty Development Committee handles the administration and designation of FLEX events and hours for faculty.
Canvas and Academic Websites
Faculty in need of a way to put information online for students can request a Canvas website from RCCD's Distance Education, even if your class is not web-enhanced or hybrid. Canvas allows students 24/7 access to course syllabi, handouts, assignments, lecture notes, or anything else you want to post. RCCD no longer supports WordPress faculty websites.
There is one Faculty Workroom located in room 317 of the SAS building.
This workroom has six desktops, test scanning equipment (Scantron and Parscore), dry erase markers, and other faculty supplies.
- Emergency Preparedness: How to be prepared, disaster training, emergency planning and more
- Faculty Guide to Building & Floor Captainspdf
- Faculty Protocols for First Day of Class, including Emergency Protocol Announcement Checklistpdf
- MVC Building and Floor Captains 2013-2014pdf
- Staff & Faculty Lockdown Protocolspdf
Committees, Task Forces and Program Review
Program Review is a regular process of institutional assessment and analysis of MVC services and programs. Program Review acts as a collaborative goal-setting process, assists MVC in allocating resources and effort, and identifying and documenting deliverable outcomes.
Distance Education and Online Instruction
FLEX and Professional Development
Instructional Tools and Resources
- College Bookstore
- College Link
- CurricUNET Public Search
- Faculty Information Handoutpdf
- Faculty Web Sites
- Full-time Faculty Listpdf
- Mailing List: if you need to be added/removed to MVC's mailing list, contact us
- Nuventive Improve (TracDat)
- SharePoint/College Document Repository
- Technology Support Services