The Flying with Swallows (FWS) project at Moreno Valley College is a shining example of undergraduate research initiative, local conservation efforts, and a push toward supporting STEM education. The FWS project and the efforts of MVC students have garnered local and national recognition.
- The Community College Undergraduate Research Initiative (CCURI)
- October 23, 2014: Community college students research wildlife, toxins, The Press-Enterprise
- March 8, 2015: It's back-to-school time for swallows, The Press-Enterprise
- August 24, 2015: Swallows Score Moreno Valley College Grant, Moreno Valley College
- Spring 2016: Biology 11 Honors Success Stories, Moreno Valley College Honors Program
- Fall 2017: Research-Based Learning Is Enhanced by ArcGIS, ArcUser
- February 7, 2018: College's Study of Cliff Swallows Selected for National Conference, Moreno Valley College
- May 24, 2018: Moreno Valley College student chosen for summer archaeological field school in Hungary, The Press-Enterprise
- May 2019: FWS project video gained facilitator's recognitition in the 2019 STEM For All Video Showcase. The video had 1,100 visits from 864 visitors from 174 locations from six continents.