EMT STudents FAQ's
Q: How do I go about registering to the EMT Course?
A: You must first meet the limitations:
- You must be 18 years of age
- Apply to the Moreno Valley College, www.mvc.edu/services/ar/apply.cfm
- Complete mandatory Moreno Valley College assessment exams, complete online orientation and meet with a counselor, www.mvc.edu/services/counseling/
- Attend EMT orientation in person or online and bring the following blank forms to the orientation, www.mvc.edu/academicprograms/ems/emtOrientation.cfm
- Department approval is given the day after the last EMT orientation. After Approval is received, student must wait for their college assigned registration date and time to register for courses through WebAdvisor
- You must have an American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Level CPR certification that remains throughout the program in order to register.
- EMS 50 and 51 must be registered concurrently.
Q: When/Where is the orientation?
Q: Do I have to attend all of the EMT orientations offered?
A: No. You only have to attend one EMT orientation.
Q: Do I have to bring anything to the orientation?
A: You must bring your Student ID number and items for note taking and all blank forms, www.mvc.edu/academicprograms/ems/emtOrientation.cfm
Q: Where can I find the class schedule?
Q: What are the costs involved in the EMT course?
A: See below:
- Tuition= 8.5 units at $46 / unit= $391.
- Uniform= $400 (+ any alteration costs)
- Books= $215
- Background check = $48
- Additional immunization verification / physical exam fees
- All costs are approximate and are subject to change
Q: Is the uniform mandatory?
Q: What does the uniform consist of?
A: The uniform consists of one blue uniform shirt, one uniform pant, two uniform t-shirts, on set of blue epilates, one belt, one pair of boots and one silver nameplate.
Q: By what time are you required to be in full uniform?
A: You are required to be in full uniform by the second class session.
Q: Where is the Uniform Vendor?
A: The uniform vendor is: P&P Uniform Store, 14529 Innovation Drive, Riverside, CA 92508 (see map).
Q: What CPR card do I need to have?
A: You must have an American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Level CPR card that remains current throughout the program.
Q: How do I obtain a CPR card?
A: You must have an American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Level CPR certification that remains throughout the program in order to register. See www.heart.org.
Q: How many absences are you allowed?
A: You are only allowed to miss 16 hours of the EMT course. Any absences totaling more than 16 hours will permit dismissal from the program.
Q: Do I have to take EMS 50 and EMS 51?
A: Yes. EMS 50 and EMS 51 require concurrent enrollment.
Q: What is the schedule for EMS 51?
A: EMS 51 is the time you will spend in the hospitals and out on the ambulance. This time is scheduled once you are in the class by our clinical coordinator. It is scheduled outside of class time. Please make sure you are flexible when meeting this requirement.
Q: Where is the class located?
A: The class is located at 16888 Bundy Avenue, Portable Building "L", Riverside, CA 92518 (see map).
Q: How old do you have to be?
A: You must be 18 years of age by the first day of class. Anyone less than 18 years of age will not be permitted to take this course.