Back to Top
- Sample language for syllabi:
- If you have questions about any aspect of your writing, I encourage you to make use of Moreno Valley College’s Writing and Reading Center.
- Because you will be required to complete writing assignments for my course, you may want to seek extra one-to-one help in understanding the assignments, as well as in understanding the various stages of your writing process: brainstorming, researching, drafting, editing, revising, and proofreading essays. The Writing Center faculty and writing consultants are not there to answer questions about the content of my class, nor are they a proofreading service. This means they will not simply “correct” or “check” your essay. Rather, they can help you to learn skills and techniques that will help you put together better essays, including how you can proofread your own essay, how to cite sources properly, how to organize your ideas, and many more.
- Access to the WRC is totally free to all registered MVC students.
- Request a Class Visit for WRC Orientation
- Please include your name, discipline, types of writing assignments you give, and days and times your class meets.
- Request a Workshop topic that would be helpful for your students
- Please include your name, discipline, types of writing assignments you give, and topic of workshop you are hoping we can make available for your students.
- Plagiarism: Understanding & Preventing Plagiarism. Strategies & Resources for Students and Teachers