Student Equity and Achievement (SEA)
The Student Equity and Achievement Committee will host a Student Equity Plan Writing Retreat on Thursday and Friday, January 17 and 18. The retreat aims to review and revise the existing Student Equity Plan for 2019-21. Your help is needed.
For details and to RSVP, view the retreat website »
In 2016, the Moreno Valley College Strategic Planning Council approved the creation of the Student Equity and Achievement (formerly known as Student Success & Equity) Committee to support integrated planning for Student Success Support Programs (SSSP), Basic Skills Initiative, and Student Equity. In 2017, the state Chancellor's Office requested that all colleges receiving a Basic Skills Transformation Grant include those funded initiatives in integrated planning. This website serves as a source for information about the SEA Committee's activities and integrated planning for these initiatives at MVC.
The Student Equity and Achievement Committee will promote, initiate, coordinate, and recommend strategies which enhance student success and student equity at MVC. The Student Equity and Achievement Committee serves as a "hub" for student success initiatives such as the Student Success & Support Program (SSSP), Basic Skills Initiative, and Student Equity.
The purpose of this committee is to: align institutional goals and priorities for enhancing student success on campus; improve implementation of goals and objectives related to student success; increase communication and coordination to leverage resources to have a greater impact on student success; minimize duplication of efforts; coordinate the data management for outcomes assessment and evaluation; and provide seamless delivery of services that support student success and equity.
Responsibilities for promoting Student Equity and Achievement may include:
- Reviewing, integrating, and coordinating student success initiatives (SSSP, Student Equity, and BSI)
- Identifying and assessing student needs in order to enhance student success and student equity
- Analyzing MVC student success data, with an equity lens
- Reviewing and recommending outcomes assessment and evaluation
- Exploring current research on student success and equity
- Promoting or recommending instructional and student support programs and services
- Recommending professional development activities and topics
Steering Committee Members
|Administration||AnnaMarie Amezquita||Interim Dean of Instruction|
|Andrew Sanchez, Ed.D.||Dean, Grants & Student Equity Initiatives|
|Michael Paul Wong, Ph.D.||Dean, Student Services Counseling|
|Faculty||Cordell Briggs, Ph.D.||Associate Professor, English|
|Jennifer Escobar||Assistant Professor, English|
|LaTonya Parker, Ed.D.||Associate Professor, Counseling|
|Kathryn Stevenson, Ph.D.||Assistant Professor, English|
|Classified Staff||Andrew Graham||Placement Testing Coordinator|
|Audrey Mae Hernandez||Administrative Assistant, Grants & Student Equity Initiatives|
|Students||Shauna Garrett||Student Senator|
|Jonathan Maya||Student Senator|
The Student Equity and Achievement Committee meets on the third Tuesday of every month at 1:50 - 2:50 pm.
Support Documentation - (9 items)
- 20171027_2017-2018_Recommendations from SSSP Workgroup for at Risk Students
- 20171107 SSEC Bylaws Final
- 20171221 MVC-AA17-12ss17-04-BSI_SE_SSSP_Integrated_Budget_Plan_2017-2018
- 20180110 MVC Student Equity Plan Executive Summary 2017-2019
- 20180123 MVC_BSI_SE_SSSP_Integrated_Plan_2017-2019
- 20180323 SSE Work Groups 2017-2018
- MVC Aligned Planning Crosswalk 2017
- SARS Reason Codes
- Work Group Projects 2016-2017