Peer Mentor Program
The Umoja Community at Moreno Valley College Peer Mentor Program thanks you for your interest in becoming a Peer Leader. This is an excellent opportunity for you to develop/enhance your leadership skills while providing needed support to our Umoja Community students at Moreno Valley College. This packet contains the following information regarding the program:
- Job Description of Umoja Peer Leader
- Minimum Qualifications
- Important Dates
- Umoja Peer Leader Application
- Umoja Peer Leader Recommendation Form
Completed applications (Application Form and Reference Form) are due to the Umoja Community Student Success Coach (in the Admissions & Records department) at the beginning of each semester.
If you have any questions regarding this program, please feel free to attend the information sessions that will be offered.
You may also contact us if you have any questions.
- Have a positive and helpful attitude when assisting mentees
- Inform and encourage mentees to attend campus activities (lectures, workshops, cultural, and recreational)
- Check in with mentees on a regular basis in person, by phone, or through social media
- Attend all scheduled mentoring sessions (mentors are allowed one absence)
- Attend any program meetings and end of the semester/year get together
- Refer mentees to campus resources
- Perform all duties assigned to the best of your ability
- (Please understand that the mentor/mentee relationship is important and you are required to attend all mentoring sessions)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0, 2.5 preferred
- Must be in good academic standing
- Excellent interpersonal, communication desired
- Must have successfully completed at least two semesters at Moreno Valley College
Check this section often for updates.