CalWorks at MVC
Terrie Hawthorne, Counselor/Coordinator of Workforce Preparation/CalWORKS department will NOT be available from June 13 through June 30, 2016.
"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence." Unknown
CalWORKs will help you achieve self-sufficiency through employment and education. If you are a TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) recipient with minor children, and attending or planning to attend Moreno Valley College, you may be eligible to receive special support services.
MVC's CalWORKs support services include counseling, priority registration, job search and resume assistance, resource referrals, and intensive joint case management with the county GAIN program.
Please view the List Of Workshops for current information - this list is updated throughout the semester...workshop dates, times, and locations may change at any time.
- CalWORKs students must provide valid proof that YOU receive cash aid FOR YOURSELF each semester to receive: Attendance Verification, Student Educational Plans (SEP's), Priority Registration, Referrals to Work Study, Assistance with Books, Counseling Appointments and all other services.
- We have limited services available to Post-Employment students, those students who stopped receiving cash aid within the last 2 years and are currently employed through unsubsidized employment. Proof of the date of termination or case closure and current employment are required. Proof of cash aid or post-employment is required before any services can be provided.
- The following are examples of valid (acceptable) documentation:
- Welfare to work Plan (GAIN contract)
- Letter from GAIN worker
- Notice of Action (NOA) stating your name and the type of aid received [CalWORKs Student, Cash Aid/Medical]
- Passport to Services
NOTE: Proof of Cash Aid must be submitted each semester and must be dated or stamped with the County timestamp within the semester you are verifying.
Current and Former Foster Youth
MVC has expanded services to Current & Former Foster Youth. Please visit the Foster Youth Support Services program page to learn more.
|SERVICES AVAILABLE||CALWORKS WORK STUDY|
Moreno Valley College teams up with employers to provide subsidized job training, for the CalWORKs work study program, to eligible students. This program benefits employers as well as students to be eligible students are required to:
To get started or if you have any questions, please contact us at:
Summer Office Hours: (June 20 - August 19, 2016)
The CalWORKS office is now closed on Fridays, please visit us Monday through Thursday during our office hours. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please contact our office if you have any questions.
NOTE: The CalWORKs office is open (on Mondays only) from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. the first week of Winter and Summer sessions, and the first two weeks of the Fall and Spring semesters.
Nicole LeDuff (email@example.com) (951) 571-6498
Abreesha Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) (951) 571-6154 Front Desk
- Inland Empire Community Calendar 2016pdf
- Raise Your GPA
- Security Deposit Assistance Program (includes flyer and application)pdf
- @LIKE Linking Innovation Knowledge Employment - Need help getting your HS diploma, GED, job?
- CalWorks Vehicle Policypdf
- Career Vision: These workshops provide out-of-the-box, innovative, and imaginative ideas that turn the job search process from reactive to proactivepdf
- EBT Surcharge-Free ATMspdf
- GAIN Forms:
- Planning Your Schedule (blank) spreadsheetxlsx
- Time Management for Studentspdf
- RCCD's Academic Calendar
- Black History Month - Spring 2015pdf
- Black History Month - Spring 2014pdf
- Black History Month - Spring 2012pdf
Moreno Valley College
16130 Lasselle Street
Moreno Valley, CA 92551
Ben Clark Training Center
(951) 571-6300 new
16791 Davis Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518
16888 Bundy Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518