Back to Top
My Portal  |   New Online/Hybrid Classes  |   A - Z Index  |   Directory  |   People   Disability Accommodation Resources

Which Test do I need?

New students, some returning and transferring students, high school students who want to take college classes, students without a high school diploma, need the Accuplacer Online Test.

Students without high school diplomas who will be applying for financial aid need the Ability to Benefit Test.

Non-English speakers must take the English-as-a-Second-Language (ESL) test.

Students who want to take Spanish language classes must take the Spanish Test.

Graduating students must have demonstrated reading and math competency or must take the Reading and Math Competency Test.

Students who want to take Chemistry 1A must have either Chemistry 2A OR one year of high school chemistry with a lab AND a satisfactory score on the California Chemistry Diagnostic Test.