California Chemistry Diagnostic
Chemistry 1A has a prerequisite of Chemistry 2A. A student who desires to validate Chemistry 2A based on high school or prior college coursework may appeal to take the Chemistry Diagnostic Exam. It is the student's responsibility to submit transcripts with a final grade of "C" or better.
- Students who wish to take the Chemistry Diagnostic Exam must provide documentation to a counselor or counseling staff. Acceptable forms of documentation are:
- 1 year of completed high school chemistry with a final grade of "C " or better. (Unofficial and official transcripts are acceptable; Unofficial online transcripts must be verified by a counselor or staff.)
- Completion of a 4 unit college level chemistry course with a "C" or better; inside or outside the United States.
This is a multiple-choice paper/pencil test with 44 questions and a 45 minute time limit. Books and notes are not allowed, but calculators are permitted. The Periodic Table of the Elements and a table of symbols and abbreviations are provided on the back of each test booklet.
Test Competency Areas
Compounds and elements, states of matter, reactions of matter, structure of matter, periodic properties, solutions, qualitative kinetics and thermodynamics, lab skills, and mathematical skills. To get a general idea of what to expect from the test, see the sample questions.
Once the test is completed, the student will be contacted by the Matriculation Specialist to know the results of the Appeal process.
- Assessment Testing
- Abilty to Benefit
- Accuplacer Online
- California Chemistry Diagnostic
- Contact Us
- Dates & Hours
- English Assessment
- First Year Experience Programnew
- Getting Started
- High School Concurrent Admissionnew
- Parking Information
- Preparing for the Test
- Sample Questions
- Who Needs to be Assessed
Moreno Valley College
16130 Lasselle Street
Moreno Valley, CA 92551
Ben Clark Training Center
(951) 571-6300 new
16791 Davis Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518
16888 Bundy Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518