Your College Card is your library card. To activate your college card as your library card, please bring it to the circulation desk.
- Your RCCD college ID card must be presented to check out books, videos, or reserve materials.
- Students can check out up to 20 books at the same time.
- Students can check out ONLY 1 video/dvd from the circ media collection at a time.
- Only ONE RESERVE (course material) item may be checked out at a time.
- Community borrowers can check out up to 5 books at the same time, and they cannot check out reserve items.
Checking out Reserve Laptops
Checking out Laptops for semester use
General Collection (Main Stacks) - 21 Days
Circ Media (select videos/dvd's that can be checked out) - 7 days
Course Material Collection (Hourly) - LIBRARY USE ONLY
Hourly Media - LIBRARY USE ONLY
Reference Collection - LIBRARY USE ONLY
Magazines/Periodicals - LIBRARY USE ONLY
Videos - LIBRARY USE ONLY
Return books to the circulation counter or book drop at any of the 3 colleges. Reserve materials must be returned to the circulation counter at the appropriate campus.
Daily checkouts (including circ media)- 20 cents per day per item
Hourly checkouts - $1 per hour per item
Bills for replacement of materials are generated after the third overdue notice has been issued.
Replacement bills include overdue fines, the actual replacement cost of the item, and a $10.00 processing fee. If an item is returned within a year from the date that the replacement bill was issued, the replacement cost of the item and the processing fee will be refunded. The overdue fines will not be refunded.
A hold will be placed on any student's record if s/he owes more than $25. This means that this student WILL NOT be able to check out Library materials, register for classes, or obtain transcripts.
Community Borrowers pay $5 per academic session to activate their library cards.
There is a $1 charge to replace lost or stolen library cards.
- A renewal is allowed if no one else has requested the item.
- There is no limit on the number of times you can renew items as long as no other person has requested it.
- Bring your book(s) and college card to the circulation counter to renew your items or renew online!
- Semester netbooks cannot be renewed.
You may place a hold for an item that is checked out, and you will be notified as soon as it is available. Items awaiting pickup will be held for 3 days.
- Holds cannot be placed on semester netbooks.
- Books located at the Riverside City College campus or Norco College campus can be sent to the Moreno Valley College library.
- A maximum of five (5) requests will be filled at one time.
- To request a book from Riverside or Norco, please bring the title of the book and call number to the circulation counter and we will help you fill out the request form. The books will be available at the Circulation Counter upon arrival. You can also download the request form and print it out before arriving at the library.
- Circ Media CANNOT be requested through inter-college loan. They must be checked out and returned from the Moreno Valley College Library.
For an RCCD book that the catalog shows is available but cannot be located, you can choose to fill out a search request at the Circulation Desk. The circulation staff will search for the item for two weeks, and then notify you about the outcome of this search.