Professional Development Center (PDC)
Welcome to the Professional Development Center (PDC)! MVC's PDC represents a comprehensive initiative to move from an institutional paradigm to a learning paradigm. Through various professional development opportunities: staff, faculty, and administration are exposed to strategies that facilitate the improvement of the quality of our students' educational experiences and strengthen their linkages to support mechanisms on our college campus. The PDC supports researching results of courses, academic and student services programs, college policies and procedures; and improving Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) and Service Area Outcomes (SAOs). Professional development activities include and facilitate systemic improvements such as:
- Leadership Development: RCCD's Leadership Academy Program and ATHENA College Leadeship Program for Students
- Succession management planning (developing staff as a long term investment)
- Intentional team-building between faculty and student services staff as partners mutually vested in the academic success of students
- Professional development process that is purposefully linked to curricular and support innovations intended to raise achievement for all students
- The use of action research to inform the curriculum development; program review; assessment; strategic planning processes
- On-going support of reflection and dialogue among faculty and staff members to decrease professional isolation and create their own learning community for teaching, services, and resources.
See a list of services and resources!
| Mon, Wed, Fri:
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tue and Thu: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (as staffed)
MVC's PDC is closed on Fridays during the Winter/Summer sessions
Attention PT Faculty, MVC's PDC has work space available...stop by today!
- Leadership Academy Programs
- ATHENA CollegeLeadership Program for Students
- Calendar of Events for 2012/2013 (coming up)
- California Community College Collaborative (C4)
- FLEX Credit Request Form
- Program Review
- Promising Practices: California's Community Collegespdf
- Resource 25 (R25) Room Reservations
- The Improvement of Instruction Process and Professional Developmentspdf
- FLEX Event Sign-Inpdf
- FLEX Event Requestpdf
- Faculty Development Committee
Surveys and Evaluations
- Workshop Evaluation Formpdf
- Faculty Development Committee Workshop Surveypdf
- Take the "Spring 2013 MVC Faculty/Staff"
- MVC's Institutional Research and Assessment
To see a list of past events and resources, visit our Archive section.
Moreno Valley College
16130 Lasselle Street
Moreno Valley, CA 92551
Ben Clark Training Center
16791 Davis Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518
16888 Bundy Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518