How to Apply: Student Leadership Program
- Review ATHENA Student Leadership Program description. To be eligible to apply, ALL MVC Student applicants must: have completed at least 12 units; MVC must be your Home College; Student Services Fees must be paid; be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units; and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50. All students will be selected from Moreno Valley College. Former ATHENA participants are not eligible for the program.
- All students interested in participating in the ATHENA Student Leadership Program will need to submit an application to the Coordinator of Student Activities, Frankie Moore at email@example.com. Associated Students' leaders are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants must complete the ENTIRE application. All questions must be answered to be considered for the program.
- MVC staff, faculty, or administration may nominate students to apply for the program. Please submit written notification of your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org. The program will contact nominees directly. All students accepting a nomination MUST complete the on-line required program application. A nomination does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
- Apply on-line by downloading and filling out the following form: ATHENA Applicationpdf. (You can download Adobe Readerfor free in case you cannot access the application form).
- Applications must be received by 4 pm on Monday, August 5, 2019.
- Applications are reviewed by a committee designated by the College. Committee members may consist of administration, classified and/or confidential staff, faculty, and students. Applications are reviewed by the committee, discussed, and each question is scored based on a rubric. Each question receives 1 to 4 points based on the rubric guidelines. The committee determines a minimum "cut" score to be considered for the program and selects successful candidates.
- All students, if accepted to the ATHENA Student Leadership Program will receive a welcome notification and additional program details via email. Please include your RCCD Email in your application.
MVC's ATHENA Student Leadership Program will select a limited number of students to participate. The Program is a semester long commitment and full participation is required and expected.
ATHENA Student Leadership Program Schedule
- See Program Schedule