Information for Prospective Paramedic Students
Moreno Valley College (MVC) offers one full-time Paramedic Program each year. The program meets Monday-Wednesday, and lasts approximately 12 months. The required prep class meets approximately 4 weeks prior to the start of each program.
Applications are accepted up to 3 months prior to the start of each program.
*The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs certifies that the EMS program at MVC has completed an accreditation review and is judged to be in compliance with the nationally-established standards on 11-12-2004 and will be expiring on 3-20-2020. The MVC EMS program is currently in good standing.* Read the Program Costs & Gainful Employment Disclosurepdf
The Moreno Valley College EMS program does not recognize prior learning of a student to obtain advanced placement.
Read the following article titled Attention Paramedic Candidates: Is your program CAAHEP accredited?pdf
Program will begin: Fall semester of each year.
Application submission deadlines for the above classes: applications must be received in the EMS office located at:
By 4:00 pm: June 30 of each year for classes beginning in the Fall semester
A completed paramedic application must be on file, and positive attendance at the orientation must occur in order to pre-register for the mandatory MVC paramedic prep class.
Mandatory Orientation for the 2016-2017 Paramedic program will be 07/11/16 from 11:00am-1:00pm at Ben Clark Training Center. 16888 Bundy Ave Riverside CA. Building H. Completed application must be turned in to the EMS office by June 30th to attend the Orientation.
To be considered complete, the application must include copies of the following:
- Official transcripts of all schools previously attended.
- Current EMT-I card. EMT-I must remain current throughout the program.
- Current CPR card. CPR card must be American Heart Association "Healthcare Provider Level."
- Verification of High School Diploma or GED.
- Verification of age (at least 18 years old). Driver's license is acceptable.
- Documentation from current and/or previous employer(s) verifying at least one-year and 2000 hours work experience as an EMT-I. At least 50% of this experience must be in the pre-hospital setting. Work experience can be either paid or volunteer experience. The letter(s) must be on official letterhead and list the start date and the total hours worked, and if part-time, the monthly or yearly call volume of the area served. This letter is not a letter of recommendation; it is a verification of experience.
- Successful completion (with a "C" or better) of Anatomy and Physiology 10 (or equivalent).In progress A&P will be accepted but all coursework must be completed and verification submitted prior to the beginning of the paramedic program. A copy of current enrollment in A&P must be submitted for the application to be considered complete.*
- AMY 10: for a list of equivalent courses for AMY 10 click herepdf.
We have found that students who have completed the following prerequisites are more successful in the program. While we do not require completion of these courses prior to acceptance into the program, you should understand that our courses are taught with the understanding that you are familiar with the content of these courses.
- English Composition
- Medical Terminology
Graduates of the RCC Paramedic Program are eligible to apply for licensure with the State of California EMS Authority. The EMS Authority may deny any EMT-P license for occurrences listed in Division 2.5 of the Health and Safety Code section 1798.200. Questions related to licensure should be directed to the State of California EMS Authority.
* Unofficial transcripts or a copy of the enrollment receipt are acceptable to verify A&P requirements. Any official transcripts submitted to the paramedic office will remain and will not qualify for official RCC transcripts. Official transcripts must be received by the RCC transcript office prior to the start of the program.
All costs are subject to change, please contact us for the most up to date information.
Moreno Valley College
16130 Lasselle Street
Moreno Valley, CA 92551
Ben Clark Training Center
(951) 571-6300 new
16791 Davis Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518
16888 Bundy Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518