The FYE program helps students successfully complete the transition from high school to college.
Office closure on June 1, 8 am - 1:30 pm
Strive for more from step one
The First-Year Experience (FYE) Program at MVC is a first-year success program. As part of the program, first-time college students taking 12 units or more receive an abundant amount of support services to ensure their academic success.
- A Summer Bridge program designed to jump-start your academic success, awareness of college resources and personal factors that contribute to success
- Priority registration for the fall, winter, and spring term of the first year
- One-on-one counseling appointments and educational planning
- Student success peer leader support
- Special activities and events throughout the year
- Be a recent high school graduate from the Moreno Valley or Val Verde unified school districts, Perris High School, or Orange Vista High School
- Have a high school diploma/GED OR have reached the age of 18 by June of the year you wish to enroll
- Are a new first time college students (never attended college before) and complete the college application process
- Participate in the MVC Summer Bridge Program and commit to be a full-time student (12-15 units) during the fall and spring semester (must enroll in English and math courses)
- Commit to the program and requirements for the entire year (commencing with summer term)
A community of support
As part of the FYE program, you join a community of dedicated and enthusiastic learners.
The FYE team and peer leaders are available to help answer your questions and keep you on track. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call (951) 571-6334, or hop into our virtual office if you can't visit us in-person at the Welcome Center.
Monday: 8 am – 4 pm
Tuesday: 8 am – 6 pm
Wednesday: 8 am – 4 pm
Thursday: 8 am – 4 pm
Friday: 8 am – 4 pm
Student Success Coach (Email)