How to Apply
Please see list of requirements.
- Be a citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States
- Attend Vista Del Lago High School
- May not be a senior at the time of application
- Meet the U.S. Department of Education Income Guidelines for TAXABLE INCOME and household size
- Be a potential first generation college graduate (i.e., neither natural/adoptive parent/legal guardian with whom the student is living has received a bachelor [4-year] degree at the time student is accepted)
- Have a "need" to be in the program (i.e., be able to benefit from participation)
- Have successfully completed a unit of college-preparatory science each year of high school with a "C" or higher
- Have successfully completed a unit of college-preparatory math each year of high school, including Algebra with a "C" or higher
- Be interested in and/or have the potential to do well in an intensive science, technology, engineering, or math college program and career.
You may receive an application by:
- Downloading it below
- Contacting us at (951) 571-6382, or
- E-mail us at Micki.Clowney@mvc.edu or Angel.Orta-Perez@mvc.edu
- Attending one of our information/orientation sessions
- Requesting a copy from your counselor in the Guidance Office/Career Center
See the Eligibility section for more information.
To apply, please download and fill out the following documents:
Once you have completed the application, you may return it with the requested supporting documents to the Career Center at Vista Del Lago High School, or mail it to:
Moreno Valley College
ATT: Upward Bound Math & Science Program, Student Services 112
16130 Lasselle Street
Moreno Valley, CA 92551
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.