Dolores Huerta and Cesar E. Chavez Scholarship
Remembering a Legacy of Civil Rights and Liberty
The Dolores Huerta and César E. Chávez Scholarship has funded student scholarship opportunities since 2014. Each year, the event committee invites the Moreno Valley community to join MVC in honoring the legacy and work of Dolores Huerta and César E. Chávez, and to recognize scholarship competitors and recipients at a scholarship breakfast.
Celebrate With MVC
Join MVC on Thursday, March 30 at 7:30 am in the Student Academic Services Building, Room 121 for breakfast, to honor scholarship recipients, and recognize the life and work of Dolores Huerta and Cesar E. Chavez. Tickets start at $40 and can be purchased from Admissions & Records (Welcome Center). For questions, call (951) 571-6939. Sponsorships are available and fund future scholarships.
César E. Chávez
Rewarding Academic Pursuit
Each year, enrolled students are invited to create visual and creative works of art that explore and expand on the year's theme in innovative ways.
Annual Art Competition
Submissions are reviewed by a panel of judges for quality, originality and adherence to the theme. All submitted artwork is featured at the scholarship award ceremony. Applicants must fully complete the online submission form, including a digital copy/photograph of their work and delivering any physical art pieces on the designated day.
Submissions are closed.
Accepted Art and Media
- Accepted media: painting, drawing, photography, sculpture, digital art, poem/spoken word recording, and video
- Three-dimensional submissions should be no larger than 36" wide x 36" high x 36" deep
- Recorded and video submissions should have a running time of no more than 3 minutes
- 2023: Lado a Lado — Side by Side
- 2022: ¡Con ellas, sí se puede! — "With women, it is possible!"
- 2021: ¡Viva la causa! "We are suffering. We have suffered. And we are not afraid to suffer in order to win our cause."
- 2020: ¡Viva la Causa! Long Live the Cause!
- 2019: A Legacy of Inspiration: “We are ready to give up everything—even our lives—in our struggles for justice.”
- 2018: Nuestro Quinto Sol — "You cannot oppress the people who are not afraid anymore."
- 2017: César E. Chávez: A Voice for Justice
- 2016: Cesar E. Chavez and his Struggle for Justice
- 2015: Celebrating César E. Chávez and His Legacy of Service
- 2023: Jesús M. Holguín
- 2022: Dolores Huerta
- 2021: Assemblymember Jose Medina
- 2020: N/A
- 2019: Ana Maria Espinoza
- 2018: Mily Trevino-Sauceda