Grants Available to Students
2015/2016 Child Development Grant Application Available
The "Child Development Grant" is designed for students who are attending a California Community College or a four-year institution and pursuing a Child Development Permit to teach or supervise in licensed children's centers.
Award amounts range from $1000.00 at the community college level to $2000.00 at the four-year university level per academic year (2 yr max)!
Applications available online (see below), Student Financial Services (SFS) Office or Early Childhood Studies (ECS) Dept. at Moreno Valley College (MVC).
- Complete the 2015/2016 Child Development Grant Program New Application if you did not receive the 2014/2015 Child Development grant during the 2014/2015 academic year
- Complete the 2015/2016 Child Development Grant Program Renewal Application if you received the 2014/2015 Child Development grant during the 2014/2015 academic year
Complete applications must be submitted prior to May 11, 2015 to the SFS Office or the Early Childhood Studies Office at Moreno Valley College-Attn: Judi Grimes. Application must be postmarked by May 11, 2015.
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen
- Be a California resident
- Submit a complete 2015/2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to June 1, 2015 at www.fafsa.gov. List Title IV code 041735 for MVC
- Meet federal Selective Service filing requirements
- Maintain at least half-time enrollment in approved courses leading to a Permit
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP) as defined by the postsecondary educational institution
- Be nominated by an eligible postsecondary institution or nominated by the employing agency
- Commit to full-time employment in a licensed children's center in California for a period of one year for each year of benefits received
- Complete 2015/2016 FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov prior to June 1, 2015.List Title IV code 041735 for MVC
- Submit 2015/2016 Child Development Grant Application to the SFS Office or the Early Childhood Studies Office at Moreno Valley College-Attn: Judi Grimes before May 11, 2015
- Complete 2015/2016 financial aid file prior to July 17 , 2015 for priority processing
- Meet with an Academic Counselor, for current Student Ed Plan (SEP). Call (951) 571-6104 to schedule an appointment
- Enroll in 6 or more units from current SEP for Fall 2015 and Spring 2016
Moreno Valley College
16130 Lasselle Street
Moreno Valley, CA 92551
Ben Clark Training Center
16791 Davis Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518
16888 Bundy Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518