Grants Available to Students
2015/2016 Child Development Grant Application Available
The "Child Development Grant" is designed for students who are attending a California Community College or a four-year institution and pursuing a Child Development Permit to teach or supervise in licensed children's centers.
Award amounts range from $1000.00 at the community college level to $2000.00 at the four-year university level per academic year (2 yr max)!
Applications available online (see below), Student Financial Services (SFS) Office or Early Childhood Studies (ECS) Dept. at Moreno Valley College (MVC).
- Complete the 2015/2016 Child Development Grant Program New Application if you did not receive the 2014/2015 Child Development grant during the 2014/2015 academic year
- Complete the 2015/2016 Child Development Grant Program Renewal Application if you received the 2014/2015 Child Development grant during the 2014/2015 academic year
Complete applications must be submitted prior to May 11, 2015 to the SFS Office or the Early Childhood Studies Office at Moreno Valley College-Attn: Judi Grimes. Application must be postmarked by May 11, 2015.
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen
- Be a California resident
- Submit a complete 2015/2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to June 1, 2015 at www.fafsa.gov. List Title IV code 041735 for MVC
- Meet federal Selective Service filing requirements
- Maintain at least half-time enrollment in approved courses leading to a Permit
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP) as defined by the postsecondary educational institution
- Be nominated by an eligible postsecondary institution or nominated by the employing agency
- Commit to full-time employment in a licensed children's center in California for a period of one year for each year of benefits received
- Complete 2015/2016 FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov prior to June 1, 2015.List Title IV code 041735 for MVC
- Submit 2015/2016 Child Development Grant Application to the SFS Office or the Early Childhood Studies Office at Moreno Valley College-Attn: Judi Grimes before May 11, 2015
- Complete 2015/2016 financial aid file prior to July 17 , 2015 for priority processing
- Meet with an Academic Counselor, for current Student Ed Plan (SEP). Call (951) 571-6104 to schedule an appointment
- Enroll in 6 or more units from current SEP for Fall 2015 and Spring 2016
Moreno Valley College
16130 Lasselle Street
Moreno Valley, CA 92551
Ben Clark Training Center
(951) 571-6300 new
16791 Davis Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518
16888 Bundy Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518