Grants Available to Students
2013/2014 Child Development Grant Application Available!
The "Child Development Grant" is designed for students who are attending a California community college or a four-year institution and pursuing a Child Development Permit to teach or supervise in licensed children's centers.
Award amounts range from $1000.00 at the community college level to $2000.00 at the four-year university level per academic year (2 yr max)!
Applications available online at Student Financial Services (SFS) office or Early Childhood Education (ECE) department at Moreno Valley College (MVC).
- Complete the 2013/14 Child Development Grant Program NEW Application if you did not receive the 2012/13 Child Development grant during the 2012/13 academic year
- Complete the 2013/14 Child Development Grant Program RENEWAL Application if you received the 2012/13 Child Development grant during the 2012/13 academic year
Complete application must be submitted prior to June 12, 2013 to Shari Yates-ECE Dept. or SFS Office at Moreno Valley College for processing. Application must be postmarked by June 15, 2013.
2013/2014 Child Development Grant Criteria
- Complete 2013/14 FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov prior to June 1, 2013. List Title IV code 041735 for MVC
- Submit 2013/14 Child Development Grant Application to Shari Yates, Associate Professor, ECE Dept. or SFS Office at MVC before June 12, 2013
- Complete 2013/14 financial aid file prior to July 10, 2013 for priority processing
- Meet with SFS Academic Counselor, Jeff Townsell for current Student Ed Plan (SEP).
Call (951)571-6104 to schedule appointment
- Enroll in 6 or more units from current SEP for Fall 2013 and Spring 2014
- Submit a complete 2013/2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to June 1, 2013 at www.fafsa.gov) List Title IV code 041735 for MVC
- Meet with SFS Academic Counselor for a CDG Student Ed Plan (SEP) & maintain at least half-time (6 units) enrollment in approved courses leading to a Permit
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP) as defined by the postsecondary educational Institution
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen
- Be a California resident
- Meet federal Selective Service filing requirements
- Be nominated by an eligible postsecondary institution or nominated by the employing agency
- Commit to full-time employment in a licensed children's center in California for a period of one year for each year of benefits received
Application must be postmarked by June 15, 2013
Moreno Valley College
16130 Lasselle Street
Moreno Valley, CA 92551
Ben Clark Training Center
16791 Davis Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518
16888 Bundy Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518