Leadership Academy II
This series will focus on further development of leadership skills for those in leadership or managerial positions or those who have participated successfully in the Leadership Academy I Program. This series provides advanced exposure to additional critical thinking skills required for success on the job and in general leadership development. It serves to help participants gain additional knowledge that will equip them to better understand the qualities of leadership and the importance of developing themselves and those who support them. Effective leaders influence others in a constructive way for the betterment of the organization. RCCD's Leadership Academy II moves from the fundamentals of leadership to actions in leadership. This series provides the participants with additional exposure to leadership styles and opportunity to build their tool chest of leadership resources. These resources will be valuable as participants build their careers.
Core components and objectives of the Academy include:
- Providing resources and tools for participants as they develop their careers and leadership styles.
- Building strong leaders from within RCCD's institutions by providing exposure to leadership and pathways of success for staff, students, faculty, management, and administration/executives.
- Challenges participants to test their leadership capabilities.
- Reinforces the importance of succession planning and upward mobility.
- Building solutions for the reality of working efficiently with less in today's budget climate.
- To better equip leaders to handle the challenges, tensions, and ever-shifting dynamics of leading.
- Building leaders that strive to excel in new ways; maximize personal leadership power to accelerate the District's and Colleges' commitment to its mission, alignment and results; and balance short term and long term strategic perspectives.
- Develop and implement quality practices and processes focusing on releasing the full potential of students, staff, faculty, managers, and administrators/executives.
- Navigate the complexities of leadership to work and influence across boundaries, collaborate across the organization, and leverage leadership to impact organizational outcomes.
- Understanding the proficiency of delivery of information; actions; the key principles of leadership; communication and trust.
The core of RCCD's Leadership Academy II is designed to advance critical skills for success through this leadership action and skill building development series. Executives and Administrators are encouraged to support their department's managers, supervisors, classified staff, and faculty in their consideration of applying for the Academy. Applicants must have approval from the Department's Vice Chancellor (District staff) or their college's President or designee (Classified staff). To apply and participate, employees must be in a non-probationary status and qualifying students must be in good standing.
If accepted into Leadership Academy II, please note all employees must have the approval of their supervisor to participate in the program and are subject to President/Vice President/Vice Chancellor or designee approval.
- Leadership Academy I
- Leadership Academy II
- Leadership Academy Program (LAP) "How to Apply"
- ATHENA College Leadership Program "How to Apply"
- 2013/2014 LAP Application
- Fall 2013 ATHENA College Leadership Program Application
- Professional Development Center (PDC)
Moreno Valley College
16130 Lasselle Street
Moreno Valley, CA 92551
Ben Clark Training Center
16791 Davis Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518
16888 Bundy Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518