Statement of Purpose
Welcome to the Curriculum Committee page! As a standing committee of the Academic Senate, the mission of the Moreno Valley College Curriculum Committee is to approve all credit and non-credit courses and educational programs of the college and to make recommendations to the Academic Senate related to them. The MVC Curriculum Committee also has responsibility for the processes involved in meeting all quality assurance standards for Distance Education courses. It is the responsibility of all involved in curriculum development and approval to make sure that the college curriculum is sound, that it complies with all regulations, and that it helps students to achieve their educational and professional goals.
The college curriculum committee is the sole approving body for Moreno Valley College only curriculum. For shared courses across the district, the college has one vote on the district curriculum committee. The college curriculum committee is responsible for informing faculty of state-mandated curriculum changes through reports to their departments, programs, and offices and for soliciting recommendations from faculty and others on curriculum-related issues.
The MVC Curriculum Committee meets during the fall and spring semesters. All meetings of the Curriculum Committee are open to the college community and to the public. The Curriculum Committee uses Roberts Rules of Order, Newly Revised (2000) in the conduct of its meetings, and the committee follows the procedures outlined in The Brown Act.
LOCATION: Humanities 234
TIME: 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Dr. Carolyn L. Quin
MVC Curriculum Committee Chair
Dr. Ryan Carstens, Vice-President Academic Affairs (Interim)
MVC Curriculum Co-Chair
- Associate Degree for Transfer
- CID Newsletters:
- Course Identification Numbering System (C-ID)
- Curriculum Committee's Membership Listpdf
- New RCCD Curriculum Handbook (Spring 2014 draft)
- SharePoint Site
- Credit Course Repetition Guidelinespdf
- Repeatable Coursesxls
- Note to Faculty about Repetition and Repeatabilitypdf
- The New AA-T & AS-T Degrees: What Do Faculty Need To Know?(Revised10-8-2012)PPT
- RCCD/CSU Similar Degree Report by Campus - July 30, 2012xls
- Meeting Compliance, but Missing the Mark - Full Reportpdf
- Timeline for AA-T and AS-T Degree Implementation and C-ID Adoptionpdf
Moreno Valley College
16130 Lasselle Street
Moreno Valley, CA 92551
Ben Clark Training Center
16791 Davis Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518
16888 Bundy Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518